Flower Shop

"Mercedes over here," Tina bellowed from across the flower shop.

"Morning Tina," Mercedes responded, walking over to the slightly taller girl and handing her a coffee. "Thanks," Tina thanked as she took a sip of the coffee.

"Yumm salted caramel hazelnut mocha. You know me so well!" She exclaimed as she placed the Starbucks travel mug on the counter nexts to her.

"So what are the orders of today," Mercedes asked as she hopped onto the counter after hanging up her purse and jacket in the back room of the flower shop.

"The first is statics,lilacs,and red Anemone, second is daisies, and the last pink peonies and white daisies," Tina responded as she before continued drinking her mocha.

"So a funeral, a mom, and a date," Mercedes said before taking a sip of her large pink drink.

"Well someone has been doing their homework," Tina teased the bigger girl.

"Shut up," Mercedes snapped back, sticking out her tongue to the girl adjacent to her.

"What ever, also are you just going to keep that tattoo a secret or were you planning on telling me about it," Tina sassed back as she looked at the girl up and down.

"Girl, you sure you're straight, why are you looking me up and down like a piece of meat," Mercedes asked her best friend suspiciously.

" Yes I'm straight I literally have a husband and a kid and another one on the way," Tina responded waiting to see how Mercedes was going to react.

"It's never- wait did you just say another one on the way," Mercedes asked, interrupting herself.

"Maybe," Mercedes rolled her eyes.

"Yes," Tina finally responded before being pulled into a bear hug by the girl in front of her.

" Mercedes I can't breathe," she added after a few seconds.
"Sorry," apologized Mercedes after letting the girl go.

"Let's get to work," Tina said before walking over to the door and turning the sign from close to open.

After an hour of working a familiar guy walked into the store.

"Hey I'm here to pick up a bouquet of flowers, pink peonies and white daisies," Sam said walking over to the counter.

"Here you go," Mercedes responded, picking up the bouquet and handing it to him, slightly brushing his hand, sending a shiver down both of their spines.

"Wait your Mercedes from the tattoo shop last week," Sam exclaimed as he held the bouquet in one hand and the other handing the girl the cash.

"Yep that's me," Mercedes responded, trying not to show the sadness in her voice show through.

"Well bye," Sam respond before running out the door.

" what's wrong," Tina asked sneaking up on the girl.

"Nothing," Mercedes responded turning around and going back to work.

"That's a lie and you know it are you forgetting you suck at trying to lie and that I'm your best friend so I know you," Tina quipped.

"Fine you want to know why I'm upset, because I like him and he just came in here to get a bouquet of pink peonies and white daisies which mean romance and loyalty, so he probably has a girl that he's going to ask to marry him," Mercedes responded finally snapping.

"Who said that he had a girl," Tina asked as she followed her.

"The flowers and the fact that he was in a rush to get out of here," Mercedes snapped back.

"Whatever," Tina responded as she went back to the front desk.