A Fresh Start?

Shehry's POV:

I lifted my eyelids, as the sun's ray pierced through the curtains and fell onto my face.

I turned to my side, and say Sidra was still asleep. I watched her face, as she slowly breathe in and breathe out, fast asleep.

I traced my finger along her cheek, tucking away her hair behind her ear. She flinched a bit, and I moved my hand away, so that I wouldn't disturb her.

"I'm sorry for last night Sidra.", I whispered, "I know I was never able to give you the love you deserved."

"Shehry?", she slowly fluttered open her eyes.

"Sidra..I'm sorry!", I said.

"You don't have to be. I know I was forced upon you, and this marriage is nothing but a mere contract. It's not your fault Shehryaar.", she sais as a faint smile appeared on her lips.

Hussain's POV:

"Assalamalaikum Mama", I hugged the life out of her.

"Walaikum assalam, Hussain. Sana kaha hai?", she pulled back and looked around.

"Yeh lo. Beta itne din baad aaya hai, aur aapko aapki bahu ki fikr hai?", I joked and she smacked me on my arm.

"Hussain. Jaldi batao, hai kaha woh?", she asked, impatiently.

"Who rahi.", I turned around and pointed at Sana, who walked out of the car, towards us.

"MashAllah.", whispered mom.

After mom hugged Sana, we all went in.

"Saaaaain", Maha jumped on me.

"Yo, calm down!!", I laughed, and she pulled back. "Whatever."

"Bhabhiiii!", she hugged Sana.

"Acha ab bata bhi do. Phone pe to nahi bataya tum ne. Achanak yaha kaise?? Konsa zaroori kaam aa gaya?", Mom inquired, and I glanced at Sana who was now blushing.

"Bata dengey. Aisi bhi kya jaldi? Baba ko toh aaney dein.", I smiled at mom, taking off my coat and hanging it on the rack.

We all sat down, and caught up on our gossip, and talks before we had dinner.

Baba had come too, and it seemed like the perfect family after a very long time, except......Shehry wasn't with us.

"Acha chalo, lets have dinner. Sain, I made biryani for you!", mom exclaimed, and I sprung up from my seat immediately.

"Mom ke haath ki biryani!!", I said, with my mouth already watering.

As we all sat on the table to eat,mom filled my plate with biryani.

"Mama aap toh aise kar rahi hai jaise Sana toh mujhey kuch khilati hi nahi.", I chuckled looking at the amount of biryani she served in my plate. It was enough to feed three people sufficiently.

"Sain, aise nahi kehte, it maa ka yaar. Kha lo. Aur waise bhi mujhey itni achi biryani bananin nahi aati.", Sana laughed while mom smacked my arm.

"Kya? I thought you were on my side!", I pouted.

"Meri bahu, meri side pe hai.", Mom laughed.

"Sain...don't worry I'm on your side! I wouldn't wanna eat so much either!", Maha exclaimed and we all laughed.

"Sana? Tum kyu itna kam khaa rahi ho?", Mom furrowed her eyebrows, as she served more rice into her plate.

"Nahi Mama, bas hai.", Sana tried to resist but I interrupted, "Kha lo, kha lo. Waise bhi ab ek nahi, do logo ka khana khaana hai tumhey.", I smiled, as all the eyes turned towards me in confusion.