Camelia leaned back, her arms crossed. "That's all I know right now. I've been blocked from investigating. 'I'm too closed'." She shook her head in disgust. "Sure, I like you but that's not why I'm looking into this."

I almost choked on my bagel.

"Don't think too much of it," she said. "I just think you're a good match for the Crown Prince."

I took another bite of my bagel but didn't comment.

The car suddenly stopped. "We're here," Joseph said from the front.

Camelia looked outside. "Oh, this is where you're going."

"I thought you were spying on me."

"I don't have time for that," she said. "Come on. You don't want to be late."

I scarfed down the rest of my bagel and stepped outside. Strangely enough, Camelia stayed at my side.

"This is so sweet," she told me. "I'm sure the Crown Prince will enjoy your gift."

"My gift is for his mom," I told her.

Camelia grabbed my arm. "To the Queen Consort? You're meeting her?"

"Uh, yeah. She invited us this weekend to visit."

Camelia's face paled. "You sure it was from her?"

"Yes. That's what Alexander said. Why?"

"She doesn't like humans," Camelia said. "I mean, she has always been harsh towards humans. Has the Crown Prince told you why he had to rule for a time - before our Slumber?"

"I think we covered that in history class," I said. "But no, he hasn't told me anything."

"King Lionel was harmed and Alexander had to take his place and the Queen Consort blames humans," she told me.

I gaped at her, speechless. How had anyone not made this information public? Why was I only learning about this now?

"It was a long time ago," Camelia started.

"You can't just gloss over any important detail like that," I said.

My legs felt weak. This was huge. How could Alexander not tell me?

"Relax," she said. "The Queen Consort requested your presence. If that doesn't mean she'll doesn't hate all humans then I don't know what does."

"You sound so optimistic."

"You should too. She's going to be your mother-in-law. Oh, I don't mention this to anyone else. It's supposed to be a secret."

"Then why did you tell me?"

Camelia smiled. "You're not a terrible person," she replied. "Now, let's go in. I think I might know the perfect gift to give the Queen Consort."

The inside of the building looked like a boutique, with sleek walls, all the furniture had gold trim, and everything looked glossy.

There was a man behind a white reception desk. He smiled as we entered.

"My friend here has an appointment," Camelia replied.

As she spoke, she placed something on the desk. Camelia positioned her body in a way that I couldn't see. The man's face also didn't reveal anything.

"Right down the hall to the left," the man answered.

Smiling, Camellia walked forward. Frowning, I walked after her.

"They only had one spot opened," I began.