• CHAPTER 1 •

[ "Alright, we have all the stuff we need!" Paintbrush said with great zest, as Knife let out a sigh. "Don't try burning yourself." He said plainly, as his cooking partner frowned. "Sheesh, I know I have a broken leg, but I'm not THAT clumsy." They responded with a huff.
Knife shrugged, as he headed to one of the tabletops.

"Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. Anywho, what kind of pizza do you plan on making?" Knife took out a few vegetables and meats from a plastic bag. Paintbrush quickly answered with "I really like Margherita's! They seem simple enough." As Knife hummed, with a bit less enthusiasm than Paintbrush had hoped for.
"Basic, but alright." Knife took out some basils from the bag, and placed it next to the packaged pizza dough, tomato sauce, and cheese. "I'll let you spread out the dough, I can pre-heat the oven." Knife said, as Paintbrush hopped over to the counter with their crutches. They took a chopping board from a random drawer, and set it down, as they then took out the dough from the package, before softly placing it down onto the board.

Knife headed over to the oven, heating it up to four-hundred and seventy five degrees Fahrenheit. "Do we have a cooking tray?" Paintbrush asked from behind Knife. "Go check yourself. You call yourself capable, don't you?" He responded, as Paintbrush scoffed at his attitude. "I gotta go get the drinks, what did the others say they wanted?" Knife asked, staring at Paintbrush now.
"..Just a bunch of carbonated sofas." Paintbrush said, flicking their bristles a bit. "Getting tired of me already?" Knife lightly nudged them. "It's not you, it's your attitude." Paintbrush mumbled, focusing on flattening the dough to a round shape, or rather, an attempt at a round shape.

Knife glared at the dough's shape so far. "What are you doing? Making a cube?" His insult made Paintbrush roll their eyes. "If you're such a critic, show me how to do it!" They shot back, with an annoyed tone. Knife took their hands, and carefully handled the dough. "Oh." Paintbrush watched Knife sort of teach them.
After a few quick moments of silence, Knife let go of Paintbrush's hands.

"There. Finally looks like a pizza-shape. Sort of." Knife and Paintbrush looked at the pizza dough, admiring it's nicer look.
"Uh, thanks." Paintbrush cleared their throat, quickly taking the toppings.

"Just add the toppings and place it into the oven, surely you can do that right?" Knife walked to the doorway of the kitchen, looking back at the living room.
"Yes, I can do that, at least." Paintbrush sighed. "You need to go get the drinks, so go get."

"It's fun annoying you, Paintbrush." Knife grinned. "Alright, I'll be back in around half an hour." He walked out of the kitchen, finally giving Paintbrush some time to themselves.

"Alright, back to work." Paintbrush took in a small breath, and got to assembling the toppings together. ]

——-

[ Suitcase sat on the soft grassy hill, smiling as she finally took a moment to relax. It was rare for her to be able to just take things back for a bit. The coast was nice, especially near dusk-time. The sun slowly fading away gave the sky and ground an essence of peace and warmth, especially with the shades of orange and gold that flooded the forest's mountains, fields, and more.
Experiencing this kind of thing first-hand is what makes it feel so special to Suitcase. Even on her worst days, she always knew she would wake up peacefully, ready for another day. Another.. this.

Even if some days were a bit more sucky than others, the sub would rise again, and again. It made Suitcase feel a bit hopeful, knowing she could make choices better than the last no matter what.

"Hey, Suities!" A voice was faintly heard in the distance. Suitcase honestly was not in the mood to look back, especially in this beautiful view, but alas the same voice called out again. "Yo Suitcase!"
She turned around finally, to see Lightbulb dragging herself across the ground to get closer to her. "Gosh, quite a long way you can walk, eh? Armless-ness gives that leg-strength!" Lightbulb smiled with a bit of tiredness in her voice, but Suitcase felt a bit weirded out. Lightbulb was a bit slow as she was regaining her breath from walking up the steep hill, but finally reached Suitcase, and looked at the sky in front of them. "Woah! I'm sure Paintbrush would have loved to see this! They've had a knack for getting a knack at these views." Lightbulb exclaimed, sitting down with Suitcase, with her legs.

Why had Lightbulb followed her all the way here, for some small talk it presumed to be? "Um, hey." Suitcase stated, as Lightbulb turned her own attention to Suitcase. "Yeah?"
"Did you follow me here? Er.. and why?" Suitcase asked, with a near-monotone voice. Lightbulb shrugged. "Painty's got to do some cooking with Knife, Cheeserz and Mic are off somewhere, and Fan and Test Tube have their own thing planned, so I'm pretty much all alone."

Can't you like.. go with Nickel? Or YinYang?" Suitcase asked, sounding a bit meaner than intended, even if Lightbulb had not seemed offended. "Nickel's scary, isn't he? I don't think he'd like my vibe." Lightbulb responded, still with a gleeful smile.

"I.. I can see that." Suitcase hummed. Nickel probably felt the same way about Suitcase, considering she was a lot less pessimistic as well. Even then, it felt odd with Lightbulb too. I guess she just.. belonged with nobody? Nah, she just seems quite.. odd as well. Like Lightbulb.

"Uh, what about YinYang?" Suitcase asked again. Lightbulb scratched the back of her bulb. "They weren't in the mood to hang with anyone right now." Suitcase hummed. That seems understandable. Lightbulb looked around the area, taking in the nice sights.

"Ooh, the stars are beginning to appear. The party should be soon." Lightbulb pointed at the sky, as Suitcase looked up. The little white dots began covering the lavender-blue sky, as cool colours began clashing with warm ones on the horizon.
"This is so pretty! I wish I had my phone, I'd take a pic and show it to my pals." Lightbulb laid down on her back as she spoke.

"..Me too." Suitcase simply nodded. "Y'know, I'm usually a happy-go-lucky kind of object, but I've always enjoyed just laying back with someone. Ya feel me?" Lightbulb took a deep breath, her smile faltering a bit as she began to squint her eyes at the stars.
"It is relaxing, isn't it?" Suitcase started to smile a bit too. Come to think of it, Lightbulb seemed nice to be around, especially anyone who was a bit down.
She always managed to match everyone's atmospheres, and make them feel welcome to her. I guess that was just her charm, huh?

"It is." Lightbulb took in a deep breath of the night breeze. "Say, I never see you around, at least not near the hotel. Where have ya been?" Lightbulb asked, still looking at the sky.
Suitcase clicked her tongue. "I come out here a lot more often than you think. Especially ever since... Baseball started hanging out with Balloon and Nickel again." She responded. Lightbulb frowned, with a look of pity. "Awe, so you're lonely?" Lightbulb put on a smile again, before adding "You can hang with yer' bright gal right here!" She giggled, with a childish look.

"Really? What about the others..? Like, Paintbrush, Test Tube, Fan... I don't think they're as welcoming as.. you are."
Suitcase kicked the grass a bit. "Don't worry, I'm a persuasive object! My bright idea of you will spread onto the others surely." Lightbulb assured Suitcase.

Suitcase's smile was more visible now. "You have a way with words, you know?"
"Ya betcha I do!" Lightbulb did finger-guns to Suitcase.

"Anyways, I have to back to the hotel, I think Painty would get worried if I disappeared for too long. We should have small talk more often, though!" Lightbulb got up quickly, and bounced up on her feet. "I'll see you soon, Suities!" Lightbulb waves goodbye, already walking away.

Suitcase watched Lightbulb leave. I guess she sort of understood why Lightbulb was so well liked. "I should head back too, huh." She whispered to herself, as the sky's colours faded into a dull, dark and empty navy blue. The stars were at their fullest brightness now, as the moon began peaking over the mountains in the distance.

"Yeah, I should head back." Suitcase confirmed, as she lifted herself up. She turned over, and got one more good look at the sky, before she looked over st the hotel. She started making her way back, just back-tracking in her short conversation with Lightbulb. ]

——-
•1467 words
• hello hello hello! Hope you're all doing well. I sure am! (I pulled an all-nighter smh)
• Also, I have more people to credit!!!! (Double smh)

• Dxmxncia (DISPLAY NAME: affo)

• A dazzling fellow!! Hope you enjoyed this, the other half will be released soon!