hawkins lab. 10.

I dragged him out of Hawkins lab and drove him to the hospital. he wasn't breathing and my heart was beating so fast. I got him to the hospital just in time. they took him away and I had to fill out some questions.

"Name?"

"Peter ballard." she wrote it down.

"Age."

"26."

"Relationship to the patient?" I hesitated,

"girlfriend?" she asked more questions that I had to answer and I had to fill in a sheet. his emergency contact was Brenner. So I told the receptionist to add my number down. she said he'd be in room 382 and that I could sit until she had further information. I sat in that hospital for hours, and I guess they called Brenner. He sat right next to me after signing in.

"Im gonna have to find a new job huh?" he shook his head.

"It shows your dedication to the job and your coworkers." I was confused.

"how?"

"you saved his life."

"and you almost took it away. he sees you as his dad and you just keep hurting him." Brenner sat there in silence until the police walked up to him.

"Martin Brenner? owner of Hawkins lab?"

"Yes?" they took out hand cuffs.

"You'll be coming with us Dr Brenner."

"Y/n did you call the cops on me?" I shook my head.

"Mr Ballard would like to press charges against you."

"I want to press charges on her! I'm an elder and she threw me against a wall!" the cops took one look at me and took his out. I didnt know if I should be offended or glad. Peter called the cops on Brenner? I see why but why didn't he do that a few weeks ago. I walked up the desk.

"Can I go see Mr Ballard?"

"Ballard?" she typed in the name. "Hes registered as Peter Ballard or Henry Creel, is that correct?" I nod. He must of had someone change it. "He is being questioned by the police but you may go into his room. 382." I nod and go to the elevator. I was nervous to see him. I stood in front of the door. I guess he saw me because he called me in.

"Hello Miss..." he looked at his note pad. "Y/l/n. would you be open to answering some questions about Martin Brenner?"

"Yes sir." I kissed Peter and he took me into a different room.

"What were your relations with Martin Brenner?"

"He was my boss." he nods.

"How did Dr Brenner treat you?" I stood there. I dont really think he was ever rude to me.

"I cant really say, I only worked there for two months."

"Okay.. how did he treat Mr Ballard?"

"Horrible." I was quick to say. "He would lock him away for days, Peter came to me one day with a big wound on his stomach."

"Yes we saw the scar on Mr Ballard."

"Oh there was on thing." the officer looked at me. "He wouldn't let Mr. Ballard or I to leave the building like the other staff? that was the only weird thing." he nods and we go back to the room. I sit next to Peter, he looked a little better.

"whats going to happen to Dr Brenner?"

"Well he kidnapped a bunch of children and forced them to be experiments and be assaulted Mr Ballard so he will be locked away until his court date." I nod and they leave the room. I stayed in the room with him until it was time for visitors to leave. he begged the doctor to let me stay but I ended up leaving anyways, I kissed him goodbye.

"I'll be back tomorrow okay?" he nods.

I followed the doctor out.

"Uh when will he be released?"

"Well taking a look at the sheet not for another week or two. he has some serious damage."

"The court hearing is in 4 days he has to be there?" the doctor shrugged and leads me out. it was dark and cold now. I was silent while driving. I pasted the police station and turned around pulling in.

"hello. is Martin Brenner here?"

"Yes. are you here to bail him out?"

"no. I have some questions for him, im his employee." he nods and let's me through. I stood in front of his cell.

"Brenner." he got up and walked over to me.

"Hello y/n."

"I just need to ask. whats going to happen to Hawkins lab?"

"Well my ex wife is running it for now." I stopped him.

"Didnt they take the kids away?" he shakes his head.

"None of the kids remember anything before they got here so there's no alibi." I nod. "Why? you still want to work there?" I shrug.

"I dont have another job so yeah?" he nods.

"Thats fine dear."

"Okay." I sigh. "Have a good night dr Brenner." he goes and lays back down and I leave the station. I pulled into my driveway and unlocked my house. I sat on my couch and ended up falling asleep.

the next morning I showered and got dressed for work. I stopped by the hospital before and I talked with Peter. I looked at the time and realized I'd be late if I didnt leave.

"Shit I have to go."

"Where?"

"The lab?" he looked pissed.

"You're going back there? why not quit?"

"I'll quit once I find another job. okay?"

"I thought we were moving to your brothers house." he played with his fingers.

"That was if we escaped. not if I was let out randomly." he ignored anything I said to find after that. I kissed his cheek and left. I wanted to leave a little earlier so I could meet brenners ex wife.

I pulled in and unlocked the door walking down the hall when a very beautiful women stopped me.

"Hello darling, you are?"

"Im y/n y/l/n." she held out her hand.

"Very nice to meet you, I heard you talked to Martin, im his ex wife Veronica." I shook her hand and we walked around talking.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you divorce brenner?" she turned to me.

"Hes psychotic! I mean look around deary. he kidnapped children and is using them against the government." I nod.

"what are you going to do if he's not guilty."

"Oh hes going to be guilty. I'm going to make sure of it." she had this evil grin on her face, I liked her.