▬▬ 𝟏𝟓 ∙ 𝗩𝗶𝗰𝘁𝝾𝗿

・ 。゚☆: *.☽

˚✩ ⋆。 ✩┊ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐚 ┊✦ ˚ · .

▬▬ 15 ∙ 𝚅𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Cory." Someone is shaking me as I struggle to open my eyes, still feeling so tired. However, I smile when I see who it is, and sit up. Luckily, I don't get a nauseous and swirling feeling when I do so this time.

"Finn?"

"You made it, Cory." I looked at him and remembered what I'd done.

"I made it. How long have I been out?"

"Four days. You have to get ready soon," he continues, sitting on my bed.

I tilt my head to the side, confused. "For what?"

"The interview. Caesar's going to interview you and replay the Games. Don't you remember my interview after the Games?"

The memories come rushing back, hearing that Finn had won but he wasn't able to come home yet, no matter how much I wished he could. I groan sadly, flopping back onto the bed and covering my face with the sheets. "Do I have to?"

Finnick chuckles. "Yes, unfortunately, you do. But the interview's not till tomorrow, today it's just a three-hour replay. I'm sorry it's so soon after you woke up. I tried to bargain with Snow to delay it as much as possible, but the people are anxious to see their new victor now." I nod in understanding.

As much as I want to go back to sleep, I swing my legs off the bed. The tubes have been removed, and I follow Finnick out of the room. He brings me to Aqua, who is waiting with my prep team. They squealed about how amazing I was and got to work. Aqua steps out to make last-minute adjustments to my dress, leaving me alone with my prep team. "It's great to see you again!" Neon squeals.

"We were watching you in the arena. Such thrilling moments!"

"But there's a lot to do now. We better get to work." They babbled on and on about everything that they were doing and didn't see or everything that they felt while they were watching. My nails were perfectly polished, my body hair ripped off, and my locks washed and brushed.

"Congratulations!" they sing before running off. Aqua returned soon after with dress in hand, and the prep team rushed out, probably to get ready themselves.

She laid the dress down on a table and took my cold, stiff hands. Her eyes looked at me in sympathy and worry. "Are you ok, Cory?" I didn't know what was with everyone asking about how I was, but I figured Aqua deserves a more respectful response.

"Okay physically, but not mentally. Not even close," I whispered at the end, thinking of Mila once again. "Please, just get me ready." She nodded her head and slipped out my dress for today. For a second, I felt my hurt and sadness melt away as I examined every part of the beautiful outfit I would be wearing. It had a white top that blended down to sea blue, and ended just below my knees, with soft flutter sleeves and an outline of small white pearls on top. A pair of white leather flats and a blue hair accessory accompanied it. I look older than I actually am, more mature, more understanding.

"You outdid yourself again," I said, looking up. Aqua smiled softly and helped me into the dress, pinning and pulling at it until it was exactly what she wanted. Even now, all of Aqua's creations seemed to take my breath away.