Kim Jennie (Jennie)

Jennie Kim was born on January 16, 1996 in Cheongdam-dong in the Gangnam District of Seoul as an only child. He studied in at the Waikowhai Intermediate School. After completing the Intermediate, she enrolled in ACG Parnell College. Kim, while residing in New Zealand, heard a lot about kpop and found a particular interest in music from YG Entertainment. Her mother had planned to move her to the United States precisely in Florida at the age of 14 to continue her studies leading her to a job as a lawyer or teacher, however, the idea was not to her liking as she would not be able to find. a job living alone; her family supported her decision and soon got her back to South Korea in 2010. Kim auditioned to join YG Entertainment that same year and performed Rihanna's Take a Bow, later succeeding. to enter the label as a trainee. Initially auditioning as a singer, the company believed they had to embrace the role of rapper as she was the only apprentice who could speak English at the time, while most of the songs she sang included rap.

On April 10, 2012, Kim was introduced to the public through a promotional photo made public via YG Entertainment's official blog. Her photography aroused the interest of netizens, soon becoming the most searched topic on portals with the name of Mystery Girl. On August 30, YG Entertainment released a video on Youtube titled "YG Trainee - Jennie Kim" where she sang the B.o.B song Strange Clouds. On September 1, Kim had the opportunity to make her first public appearance as a lead actress in the G-Dragon That xx music video from her EP, One of a Kind. On January 21, 2013, another video was released titled "Jennie Kim - YG New Artist", where it shows Kim singing rapper Wale's song Lotus Flower Bomb. In March, Lee Hi introduced Kim on her track, Special from her debut album, First Love, while in August she featured on Seungri's GG Be track, a track included in the latter's EP. In September, she appeared on the G-Dragon Black track. Also in September, Jennie made her first stage appearance alongside G-Dragon at Inkigayo.On June 1, 2016, Kim was the first to be revealed for YG Entertainment's new girl group. On August 8, 2016, she debuted as a member of the women's group with the release of their single accompanied by the songs Boombayah and Whistle.Becoming the first Blackpink member to debut as a solo artist, she rose to prominence in 2018 with her first single Solo, which peaked at # 1 on the national singles chart, earning two platinum records from the Korea Music Content Association for surpassing 100 million streams and 2.5 million digital downloads. Overseas, the song debuted at # 1 on Billboard's Song Sales chart. The single also earned her Gaon Chart Music Award and Golden Disc Awards by winning the Song of the Year categories (November) and the Bonsang Award.In April 2019, she became the first Korean solo artist to perform at the Coachella festival. Her performance was listed in Billboard's "The 10 Best Things We Saw at Coachella 2019", and was described as "mind blowing" and "jaw-dropping" for fans and casual passersby. She co-wrote her group's single "Lovesick girls", which was released on October 2, 2020, as the third single from the group's second studio album, The Album.When Jennie started ripping, she studied artists like Lauryn and TLC. He cited Rihanna as his main influence and role model. He listened to several artists such as Lana Del Rey, Billie Ellish, Harry Hudson, H.E.R. and Kacey Musgraves while working on Blackpink's The Album. Vocal trainer Shin Yoo-mi, who worked with Blackpink for six years until their debut, described Jennie in an interview as a multi-player who is good at singing, rapping and writing lyrics.Jennie has been reading fashion magazines and observing different styles of clothing since she was a child. Her interest in fashion came from her mother. Jennie says that Chanel has been a part of her life since she was young and still remembers her earliest memory with the label founded by Gabrielle. "I remember when I was little, I would look into my mom's wardrobe and look for any vintage Chanel I could find," she told Elle Indonesia. For her solo debut, she was heavily involved in the production of the clothes and concept. Jennie has put together more than 20 dresses for her music video. She recalled in an interview with Billboard that during the trial she had thought about how each dress would accompany the song and what it could do differently, helping her learn many different ways to approach fashion. Through Elle Korea, Jennie said she has always tried to convey the message of her music audibly and visually, where fashion has become an important factor in embodying its visual aspect.