Inosuke, who didn't read the social cues, began to yell, "HEEEEY, BASTARD GOD OF FESTIVITIES!! THE MAGGOT SASHES DISAPPEARED INTO THE HOLES AND ESCAPED!!" Sōta chimed in, "THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT!! I ALMOST FELL TO MY DEATH BECAUSE OF THIS ASSHOL-"

Uzui interrupted the two, "SHUT UUP!! WE SAVED THE PEOPLE, SO IT'S FINE!! START TALKING TO ME AFTER YOU FINISHED SINGING MY PRAISES FIRST, GOT IT?!"

Makio piped up, "Tengen-sama, we should pursue them quickly or the damage might spread!!" Uzui nodded and exclaimed enthusiastically, "FOLLOW ME AND MAKE IT QUICK, YOU LOT!! WE'RE GONNA CHASE THIS SON OF A BITCH!!"

After managing to escape out of the cave, the three boys chased after Uzui, who was way faster than they had remembered. As Uzui ran multiple buildings in front of them, he shouted out, "OUTTA THE WAY, PEOPLE!! UZUI-SAMA IS COMING THROUGGHH!!"

Inosuke panted as he ran, "DAMN!! HE'S SO FAASST!!" Sōta flipped him off with his free hand, to which he didn't see. He then looked at Zenitsu, before almost stopping in his tracks completely.

He comically pointed a finger at a sleeping Zenitsu as they ran, "IS THIS MAN SLEEPING?! THERE'S NO WAY!!" Inosuke huffed, "EXACTLY!! SINCE WHEN WAS THIS WIMP CAPABLE OF FIGHTING.. WHILE SLEEPING NO LESS!?"

Sōta shot Zenitsu a weirded out expression, "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE!? EVERYONE IN THIS GODDAMN MISSION IS FUCKING WEIRD!!"

Inosuke snapped his head towards Sōta, "HAAH?! YOU'RE CALLING US WEIRD, WHEN YOUR NAME IS SODIUM?! YOU'RE A HYPOCRITE!!"

Sōta groaned, "MY NAME ISN'T SODIUM, DIPSHIT!!" He then looked up at the sky exasperatedly, "AGGHHH!! GET ME OUTTA HEEERRREEEE!!!"

『✦』

While Inosuke Zenitsu and Sōta were struggling to catch up with Uzui, you, Eli and Tanjirou were fighting for your lives.

Well.. at least Eli and Tanjirou were. Meanwhile, you were struggling to execute Water Breathing as a whole.

You merely observed as Tanjirou and Eli's blades clashed against Daki's purple obi, making sparks fly throughout the air. You bit your lip, your expression deflating entirely.

You wanted to cry.
Oh, so badly.

Why now? Why does this shit always happen to you?
No matter how hard you try, you can never, ever, get anything right.

It's like the world is against you, and you're helpless.

You took a deep breath, before letting out a short yet exasperated sigh. You mumbled under your breath, "Fuck this. I don't need a breathing style to defeat Queen Shitface over here."

You paused for a moment, "Okay. Maybe I do." You lightly shrugged, before rushing into the battle, "I don't have anything to lose, anyways..!" You swung your sword at Daki and her obi, and expected to get a clean hit.

But instead, she disappeared from your sight entirely.

Tanjirou skid to a stop, while you and Eli bumped into eachother, causing both of you to stumble. Eli glared at you, "What the hell!? Watch where you're going!" You stuck your tongue out in annoyance, "That was all your fault, dingus! Shut it!"