𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 8

Alora had always had a soft spot for kids. She used to babysit a little girl named Lia who lived around the Hills; her parents paid good money. She truly enjoyed spending time with the kids and getting the chance to nurture them like she wished her mother did her. They reminded her of her younger sister, Amaya. Her mom had thrown Amaya into foster care when Alora was nine.

Amaya was only about six at the time. Alora looked for her high and low for her. She couldn't find her but she never gave up and soon enough she was locked up with no real way to look. When she finally made it out, she had searched her up looking to restart the search for her again. She found school pictures from East Valley Middle school and happy pictures of her with her new family.

She had changed her last name from Sanchez to Lee. It all broke her heart immensely. She still desperately wanted to have her sister back but something was holding her back. Maybe it was the feeling that she didn't need her anymore or maybe it was because she didn't want to interrupt her life. So instead, she shut down the computer and forced all of the emotions down.

Kenny reminded her of Amaya in a way. Innocent and curious with a soft heart. Maybe that was why she was so determined to help him. All she knew is that she would be damned if she just stood by and let him get beat up by a couple of nerds with an identity crisis and daddy issues. Kenny had come to her for help and she was gonna help him. It was a good idea. At least that's what she kept telling herself as they trudged up the boy's driveway.

Robby knocked on the door and a few moments later Kenny opened the door. Robby held up the backpack he had left after he ran out of Cobra Kai. "We thought you might want this back," Robby said.

"How did you find me?" Kenny sighed.

Alora pointed to the top of the backpack that had his name and address written on it. He nodded his head and took the backpack and set it on the wall inside of his house. "Thanks," he said.

"So, how's Shawn? He still getting out this summer?" Robby asked. Alora perked up at the question. She hasn't had the chance to talk to him in a while what with Kreese working them so hard for the upcoming All-Valley.

"They gave him an extra month because he spit in a guards face," Kenny said stuffing his hands in his jacket pockets. Alora noticed his whole mood seemed down and she felt bad for what Kreese did to him.

"Sounds like him," Robby chuckled. "I hope it was the guard in the computer lab."

"Ugh, Jefferson. Everybody hates Jefferson," Alora said, almost shivering in disgust.

"It's my fault," Kenny shook his head in a sad tone.

"No, it's not. Don't say that," Alora said putting a hand on Kenny's shoulder.

"Yes, it is," Kenny said brushing her hand from his shoulder. Robby looked between the two in slight confusion as to what they were talking about. "Shawn had some bad friends at school. I caught one of them stealing from my parents. They tried to come at me but Shawn got between us; beat him up pretty bad. He was just defending me. Without him, I've got no one." He continued "That's why I was hoping..." he trailed off looking at them hopefully.

"Look, I'm not here to be your tutor," Robby sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. Alora hit him subtly in the side when she saw Kenny's face slip back into a despaired expression.

"It's just we have to focus on the all-valley but maybe we could-" Alora was cut off by the dinging of Kenny's phone. He opened the text and a video started playing.

"What's that?" Alora asked.

"It's nothing," Kenny sighed, going to turn his phone off before Robby grabbed the phone from his hand. He clicked on the video and it was a video of Kenny opening his locker and milk falling out everywhere and all of the kids laughing at him.