1☾︎

✩✩✩

"Hey, El...it's day 351," I look up at the stars. This was routine. Every day since El has been gone I've sat on the roof of my house, looking up at the stars. I don't know why the stars it just a connection. "I miss you a lot. It's been hard without you, I still have all these feelings for you even almost a year later. I don't know what to do." I sigh, putting my head in my hands. My super-com sat right next to me makes a static noise. "This stupid thing-" I start to lower the antenna to turn it off.

"Y/N" A soft voice comes through. It wasn't static it was a clear voice. It was her.

"El? El was that you?" I turn the super-com back on. "Are you there?"

"Yeah, I'm here." Mike's voice comes through the super-com. "What are you doing on this channel?" He asks.

"I could ask you the same thing, Curious George." I roll my eyes.

"Well smart ass, I was just scrolling through channels until I heard your voice. Now answer my question."

"Y'know what I was doing. I turned it on a silent channel so I could go star gazing in silence."

"What did she always say? 'friends don't lie?' so don't lie to me Y/N. I know you were talking to her again."

"Well if you knew then why did you ask? Y'know what, I don't care. What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Oh shit right! Um... Dustin, Lucas, and my haul are 8 dollars, well in quarters, what's yours?"

"I got about 5 dollars," I smirked to myself proudly.

"What did you do to get five dollars?" 

"I checked under all the machines in the laundry matt. These suckers drop their quarters like nothing." I smile.

"We'll be at the arcade. Be there in five minutes." Mike yells before

"Fine, bye." I hang up before jumping off the roof.

I pick up my bike from the backyard and open the front door, "Mom! I'm going to the arcade with the boys." I yell.

"Ok." She says without taking her eyes off the T.V

"I'm riding my bike so I could get kidnapped." I try again.

"Don't get kidnapped." She mumbles back.

"I could die," I yell again trying to get some kind of attention.

"You're funny. Just go, I won't be here when you get home so get something to eat on the way or go to the Wheeler's house and get dinner with them. And pick up some lunch for yourself tomorrow while you're at Karen's." She says getting up and putting on her coat. Her eyes were still glued to the T.V

I groan before slamming the door and rolling my eyes. 'is it too much to ask to just give your child some damn attention.' I ask myself. I know I could always ask Steve to take me like I usually do but I feel bad for always wanting to ask things from him. 

In the past year, Steve and I have gotten closer. He's like my older brother. His parents are loaded so sometimes when I get lonely or I need something Steve will pick me up in his car, and explain to his parents I'm with him and because they feel bad for me, they'll give him money to spend on me.

Before I know it I'm at the arcade. And right as I enter the parking lot I see the Byers car pulling up right next to the arcade. I put my bike on the rack and wrap the bike lock around it. God knows I don't have enough money to buy a new bike so I have to make sure this one doesn't get stolen. I looked up and saw the boys right about to enter the arcade. They were waiting for me and Will awww.