" here, use this, the marks will fade in no time" I say to the child, they accept and stop crying.

" and please don't report this, otherwise I'll fail my class" I say with a warming smile, they too chuckle the tiniest bit and it seems promising.

I lead Tom to my dorm and when we reach there, I slam it shut aggressively.

" are you stupid?! What were you thinking?!" I say to him.

He clenches his jaw, I see him bite down on his tongue hard and he doesn't speak.

" you can't go around - hurting people! No one is scared of you here, no one knows who you are!" I yell out of frustration, I'm close to crying.

" maybe I liked it better when people were scared of me" he says through gritted teeth.

" have no friends, have people fear you, do what you want just don't be stupid!"

" don't you dare call me stupid again y/n, I swear" he says raising his voice.

" you were being stupid Tom! What if people saw you attack that kid?! Are you forgetting that Dumbledore is out to kill you? Are you forgetting the danger you're in? Does your reputation really matter right now when-"

He lunges towards me.

I close my eyes shut and I turn away as I wince.

Long seconds go by and I gently open my eyes, ever so slowly turning my head to see him standing there right in front of me, a soft expression on his face as he remains close.

" you flinched" he whispers.

" I thought..." I go to say but I don't know if I want to speak it into existence.

" you thought I was going to hit you" he says, he looks defeated.

I nod. I want to ask if he thought about it. If he was close to. But his anger levels are high and my stability is low.

I take a deep breath and Tom's hands find my waist as he pulls me close, I let my head fall on to his chest as he holds me but he feels stiff. Like he's only doing this because he knows it's what he should be doing.

" y/n..." Tom says slowly.

" I know this is the last thing you want to hear but... if you change your mind, I can kill him... Dumbledore, I mean"

I lift my head up off Tom's chest but he gently pushes it back down so I'm still leaning against him.

" Tom, you aren't thinking straight"

" it was a suggestion, I wouldn't do it without your permission, know that I would be able to hide the evidence" He says.

" stop talking like that, please" I quietly beg.

He goes silent, I want to keep lying on him but I no longer feel as relaxed as I have before, I lightly push off him while his eyes scan my every move, I feel like he's analysing me at all times.

" I should probably clear everything up with you before I go to speak to Harry"

" who is Harry?" Tom asks, a tinge of jealousy in his voice.

" and this is why I need to explain everything to you" I mutter.

———————————————

" I killed Harry's parents?" Tom asks, making sure he's keeping up correctly.

We are lying on my bed next to each other, the moonlight creeping in from behind my blinds, settling on Tom's pale, fair skin, his hair looks more brown then black right now.

" why?" He asks.

I shrug, " you killed a lot of people, for fun I guess... Your spell on Harry backfired, and now a piece of you is in him, I'm not sure about now though"

" what do you mean?" He asks me.

" well when Dumbledore first sent me on this mission, he said that it could save Harry's parents, so I wonder if Lilly and James are alive right now and if Harry has the scar"

Tom let's out a shaky breath, I can't tell if he's angry or saddened but either way I feel sorrowful, he could be feeling scared of himself, all the graphic things that he committed. I'm waiting for him to admit how twisted it sounds. But he doesn't.

" I can't believe you were sent over there to kill me, you spoke to me, made me feel things I've never felt before and it was all apart of your plan" he spits instead now he's had time to finally process it all.

" are you mad?" I ask him.

" I'm furious" he says.

" I never had a plan in mind, I wasn't even sure it was going to work, I never wanted to go in the first place but Dumbledore made it sound rewarding, saving all of those innocents lives"

" how did I do it?" He asks me.

" what?"

" how did I do it? How did I turn into what I was? Successfully get away with everything?"

" why are you asking?" I pry.

" I'm curious" he says.

I don't respond.

I feel Tom's hand reach mine, entwining our fingers together as he holds it tight.

" no plan of yours is going to work if you don't trust me" he whispers.