everything stays/right where you left it

A/N

the fortnightly schedule definitely works a lot better so i'll be sticking to that

"Cheesy, what are you doing?"

The man in question had waltzed into Trophy's room with a comical amount of bags in his hands. He was practically shaking with excitement.

"I got you a present!"

Trophy hastily slid off his bed, a smile growing on his face like how his feelings grew for Cheesy.

Since Trophy had come out as a trans male to the comedian, Cheesy was supporting him in every way that he could think of. Whether it was calling him handsome or providing him with comfort on really bad dysphoria days, Cheesy always found a way to make Trophy's mind fuzz with love.

"You really didn't have to get me a gift."

"I really did though!"

Cheesy eagerly shoved a gift bag into Trophy's arms. The latter stumbled a little.

"What is this?"

"You have to check, it's a surprise!"

Trophy playfully rolled his eyes but still undid the carefully-tied, golden ribbon that held the gift bag closed. Cheesy was quite literally bouncing up and down at this point. Trophy gasped a little as the bag fell open.

"You..."

"I thought you might need a new binder since you were saying yours was really tight. I got you the most comfortable and highly rated one I could find!"

Trophy was on the verge of tears as he pulled out the top-quality, tan binder. Cheesy was nervously rocking on his heels. The jock sniffled emotionally.

"Heh, thanks a lot Cheese-ball."

The comedian visibly brightened up, donning a grin as he heard the nickname.

"No problem Troph!"

Trophy gasped as he wiped his eyes.

"I-I'll go put it on! Right now!"

Cheesy nodded in excitement as Trophy ran into the bathroom. The former was very happy about Trophy's reaction. He merely wanted his new friend to stay safe and happy. That shouldn't be too much to ask for, right? Cheesy sat on the edge of Trophy's bed, kicking his legs to burn off his buzzing energy as the comedian hummed 'Cupid' to himself.

GAME OVER!

Pickle groaned in frustration as he angrily threw the controller onto the couch. Those flashing words stained on the screen were starting to get really annoying. He'd been lost for a while now. Mentally of course. Taking up duties in the hotel to distract himself barely felt like actual work, thanks to his abundance of knowledge on the hotel's layout. His job was not only fruitful in the financial and mental repression sense; it also helped him make new friends.

Pickle was now set to be in charge of the Cherries. The twins were attending 6th grade after OJ found out that they were barely twelve years old. It was Pickle's job to get them to and from school. Since he began looking after them, the three had developed a brotherly bond. Pickle had begun to help the Cherries with homework while they helped Pickle pass the time.

He had also become decent friends with Soap and Microphone. After he was tasked to watch over the portal that night for eliminated contestants, the musician stumbled through and recognised him almost immediately. The two began to get along after Microphone shared her experiences with Taco. Through this new bond, his friendship with Soap began. The cleaner had admitted that she too was a fan of video games and the two played together for hours. She was very adamant about keeping the controllers clean but they always had fun.