I roll my eyes and turn to Rohan, "Rohan, Peter. Peter this is Rohan my boyfriend."

Peter looks him up and down, "Hockey player?" Raises a brow.

I snort, "Fuck off, Peter." I say before we all sit down. Riley said she's running late from her internship.

Tara talks about her catering job as well as college and a guy she's seeing. Peter talks about Columbia, his barista job and his relationship with Xavier. Though just as they start peppering me with question and some for Rohan, Riley gets here out of breath.

She hugs me quickly before siting down and ordering a water. Then her gaze catches on Rohan. I'd totally forgot to tell them he was coming.

"Oh yeah, this is Rohan my boyfriend. Ro, Riley."

Riley smiles and extends her hand to Rohan who shakes it, "Hi."

He nods, "Hey back."

Pete interrupts, "Okay so when did this start happening. Give us details." He sounds like a kid on Christmas morning.

I grin, "Well he was obsessed with me from the beginning, then about a month ago I decided to date him."

Rohan chuckles, "There's a few holes in your story, Fly."

Riley got her water and takes a sip, "Fly?"

I roll my eyes, "Yeah. Dad told him the 'hockeyfly' story."

Tara laughs, "Be glad that's the one he told."

I nod, "Yeah." I turn to Riley, "So what's this internship for?" I can't tell from her clothes so I can't guess.

She smiles, "It's for the New York Times."

My eyes widen, "Holy shit Riley, this is big."

Tara claps her hands, "See? That's what I said."

Pink colors her cheeks, "It's not that big of a deal."

I roll my eyes, "You need to take complements, Ri."

But then the waiter comes and that conversation is over and we talk about other stuff. Until we know it it's 3:30 and Riley is getting up to leave which makes us realize the time.

"I have to go, my turn to cook tonight and I have to grocery shop." She says taking me in for a hug.

I laugh, "Yeah, we have to go as well." I say releasing her and then hugging Peter and then Tara. Peter has to meet up with Xavier and Tara's going shopping.

Now me and Rohan are walking back to the apartment. Even though it's winter, the apartment is not even a 10 minute walk so we're just walking.

I slip my hands into Rohan's pocket and intertwin our fingers together, "So?"

"So, what?"

I elbow him, "What did you think?" I ask.

He untangles our hands and with that arm places it around my shoulders, "Why does my opinion of your friends matter. If you love them then that's what matters." He kisses the top of my head.

And I almost say it there. Those three words that have been on the tip of my tongue for 2 weeks.

🏒 🏒 🏒

When we walk through the apartment door the living room is empty but then when I look to the kitchen, where faint music is playing, I see the reason why I believe in love.

Mom and dad are slow dancing as something cooks in the oven. They notice us and stop dancing, "Hey hun, how was lunch?"

But I'm still staring at them when Rohan places a hand on my back. I startle, "Oh um, yeah it was good. Also showed Ro all the good places."