𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. the bathtub, part one

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter eight: the bathtub, part one

DUSTIN SLAMS THE BATHROOM DOOR OPEN. Mike and El stare, with wide eyes, at him, Marissa, and Ven. The matter at hand was extremely important. Like, no time can be wasted important. Or this is a life or death situation important.

"It's Lucas," he informs them. "I think he's in trouble."

Mike and Eleven hurry out of the bathroom, following the other three to the table in the center of the basement.

"Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" he asks, picking up the walkie talkie.

"Yeah," Mike was confused.

"What if he found it?" Eleven and Seven sit down at the table, staring up at the device.

You could hear Lucas shouting indistinctly.

"What's he saying?" Mike questions as he takes the walkie talkie from Dustin.

"I don't know. He's way out of range."

"...son of a bitch!"

"Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down. We can't understand you."

"Yes, I copy! Do you?" Came Lucas' response. "They know about Seven and Eleven! Get out of there! They know about Seven and Eleven! The bad men are coming! All of them! Do you hear me? The bad men are coming!"

"'Mad hen'. Does that mean anything to you? Like a code name or something?" Dustin asks.

"No, he said 'bad men'."

They look at Seven.

"The bad men... from the lab... They're coming for me and El."

Mike sets the walkie talkie down and glances toward Dustin and Marissa, before looking at Seven and Eleven. "Stay here," he says, before running upstairs with Dustin and Marissa.

Seven, out of boredom, messes with the walkie talkie while she and El wait for the other three to come back. They both thought it would have been quick, but the longer the minutes pass, the more they grow worried.

But, eventually, the worry subsides. Mike, Dustin, and Marissa are running down the stairs and usher the two girls back upstairs. They hurry out of the house through the back, leaving through the back door. They run the bikes down far enough away from the house, before stopping to get on. El gets on the back of Mike's bike and Ven gets on the back of Marissa's.

Dr. Brenner and some of the other lab men were watching them from the street.

"Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go!" Dustin shouts, starting to peddle.

They head down the street behind the house. Dustin was still freaking out.

"Dustin! Dustin, do you copy?"