Chapter Seven

Saturday, April 9th 2158, 18:21.

Cheongnam, South Korea.

After successfully abandoning Taeyong at Moonlight, Doyoung and Minhyung arrived at the Cheongnam Central Station. It was swarming with people both young and old, making it almost impossible to find Han Changwon among the crowd. Chief Kwon had forewarned the security to keep their eyes wide open in search of the Namjeong Clan Patriarch, which took some of the pressure off them to not mess up the operation. Doyoung couldn't help feeling the pressure anyway, though, as they made their way to Platform 7. In an ideal world, they'd have found Han Changwon on Platform 7 and have apprehended him there, however, just as they managed to make their way through the busy station, a loud horn tore them both from their search.

Five minutes early, the Seoul Express Line track was occupied. Doyoung turned to Minhyung, and they shared a glance. Their job had just become a whole lot harder than it would have already been.

It was almost immediately that people began to flood onto the train without looking back as soon as the doors opened, and Doyoung couldn't stifle a curse. If God was watching over them, it felt like he was purposefully making their job difficult. Minhyung stepped onto the train first, shuffling past the masses of bodies to find himself a place among the bustle. Doyoung followed, staying close to the younger man so they wouldn't lose each other. In the midst of the chaos, his phone began to buzz in his blazer pocket, and Doyoung sighed, taking it out and carefully shuffling to the side of a carriage. It was Taeil.

"That bastard!" Taeil yelled through the line, before Doyoung could even speak a single word. "I've messed up big time, Doyoung. I let my guard down and Taeyong knocked me out. I think he's heading your way. He's taken my gun and a load of ammunition, too. A man came here whining about a stolen car, so he'll be close."

"Are you being serious, Taeil?" asked Doyoung, loud enough that Minhyung heard and started walking in his direction. "Is this some kind of sick joke?"

"It isn't, I promise. I'm going to close up Moonlight to look for him, but... I think I might be too late. I've been out cold for about fifteen minutes. He knocked my head against the wall. I can't believe I didn't realise he was up to something!"

"If he's here, we'll probably see him. I doubt he'll find anywhere to hide on a train, and we're about to set off anyway. He'll probably miss the train," said Doyoung, followed by a sigh. "Don't leave Moonlight, Taeil. If you get disorientated, you'll be done for. Taeyong will be back once he realises he's messed up, so just wait for him."

As the door beside Doyoung shut, he glanced up, and grabbed onto a nearby handrail. Minhyung had caught onto what was being said, and he was looking around the carriage for either of their targets. Once they were moving, Doyoung bit the inside of his lip and gulped. If Taeyong had managed to get inside, their wish of a quiet arrest had just gone straight out of the window.

"I'm hanging up, Taeil. If you're still feeling dazed, then don't be doing anything crazy. If you've got a concussion and pass out again, you'll be out of commission for a while, so... be careful."

Doyoung glanced up at Minhyung, who was looking at him with a frown as the train began to move. He was surprised at how well the younger man was taking the sudden information that his brother was none other than Taeyong, but it was clear he was still in disbelief. Minhyung shook his head and sighed. "Taeyong managed to get past Mr. Moon, didn't he? Are they both alright?"

"Taeil will be fine. He's survived an explosion before, so a quick knock on the head by Taeyong won't kill him. But if Taeyong has somehow managed to get onto the train, we're in trouble. We need to be thorough. If he manages to slip past us, we might lose another source of information," said Doyoung. "I think we should split up, one of us going either way. If you see either of them, call me. I'll go toward the front of the train, you can go toward the back."