"Kausapin mo na." 

Ngumiti ako nang pilit. "Oo na. Sige na, umuwi na kayo, madilim na."

Valentin gave me a salute before pulling Yca and joining Eula who was already out the hallway. Minsan iniisip ko kung bakit kami nandito at magkakasama. We don't look like the part most of the time. But I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Most of Monty's club members already left, and I waited for all of them to go before quietly approaching Monty. What if takutin ko 'to? That'd be gold, provided that he reacts, though.

"I'm sorry." Monty said before he turned to me, his eyes scanning my face. 

I pretended that I didn't hear him so he'd repeat what he said. Is it bad that I want to hear it again? Yes, probably. Especially when my heart skipped at the sound of his voice directed at me. It was different from when he was talking in front of everyone earlier—softer, and had something I couldn't pinpoint.

Monty sighed and threw the notebook he was holding. It made a loud noise on the metal lab table, suprising me a bit. "Apple, talk to me. . . please."

Aba, ako pa ang parang hindi kumausap sa kanya? I ignored him again and started to pick up my stuff and shoving it inside my bag.

Just when I thought that he'd give up and leave like he did when he stopped talking to me before, he approached me and stood close enough that his breath tickled my hairline.

I looked up a little from where I stood and caught him already staring at me. And his eyes were pleading, like it was painful that I wasn't talking to him.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you. . . I'm just embarrassed and conflicted."

"You should be. Ano ba kasing trip mo? Lasing ka lang gano'n na pinagsasabi mo. Masama ka malasing, alam mo 'yon?"

He nodded. "I admit. That's why I rarely drink."

"Bakit mo nga sinabi 'yon?" I asked directly. I didn't want to waste my time thinking about it kung wala lang naman 'yon.

If it didn't matter to him, why should it matter to me?

Except that it did. A lot.

I closed my eyes and sighed when I heard nothing from him. "Monty, aalis na ako kung wala ka namang sasabihin."

He was about to say something when we were interrupted by the loud sound from the door closing and the chair being pushed.

Then, I remember.

"Hoy, 'yong pinto!" I ran towards the door and tried to unlock it but it was already sealed shut.

Monty also pulled it with a lot more force, but to no avail. "Shit, we can't be stuck here."

Hindi na nga pala naisasara 'yong pinto kasi sira na and it was heavy, so we were advised not to close it otherwise it will lock anyone inside. The key to it was with the janitor and before they could roam here, it would take time. Hours, for God's sake.

I pulled my phone from the back pocket of my jeans and sent a text to our group chat. Baka hindi pa nakakaalis sina Eula sa campus. Luckily, I still had battery life while I'm pretty sure Monty doesn't because he kept on clicking the power button of his phone. 

The hallway towards this room is usually quiet and not a lot of people come here so the chances of us being stuck for a few minutes or even an hour is high.

"We should've gone home with them earlier." Monty muttered and sighed.

I slid behind the door to sit on the floor and placed a hand on my neck. I was tired and my body was already aching to sleep, and on top of that, I was still troubled with what Monty said.