#44: Come In, Come In, Little Henry Lee

Start from the beginning

It would be easy if his mind's response was a blunt 'no,' yet, no matter the unease, he couldn't bring himself to say it. He realised that a part of him wanted to stay--gosh, a part of him wanted to get even closer to Loki, to taste the sweetness of his lips, to feel the softness of his skin. What on earth are you thinking? You have a girlfriend. He is just a stranger. Y/N doesn't deserve this.

"Uh, look..."

"I promise, I will take care of you," said Loki, his voice almost hypnotic. Little did Henry know, Loki's pants had begun tightening as he imagined his hand stroking his hair and making its way down his body, touching him, pleasuring him. He could feel his heartbeat speed up, felt the blood rushing in his veins.

Lie down, lie down little Henry Lee

And I will take care of you

"No," Henry said, his voice shaky. "It's just that I've got to go. My girlfriend is waiting for my return."

"Girlfriend?" asked Loki, blood rushing in his ears, and Henry noticed, for the first time, clear menace in his voice.

He tried to ignore it. "Yes, her name is Y/N, and she is amazing. She must be worried about me, too."

I can't lie down, I won't lie down

And stay all night with thee

Loki raised an eyebrow but said nothing as Henry stood up. The latter thought as he walked to the door that he would let him go, but as he reached out for the knob, Loki's hand grasped his wrist and pulled him back. When did Loki reach him--how did Henry not even hear him? His heart sped up again as he felt his body pressing against Loki's, and he drowned the urge to moan. What was happening?

Then Loki spoke, and his whisper sent shivers down Henry's spine as he felt his hot breath against his neck. "Stay." His lips were so close to Henry's ear that he almost thought he could feel them.

He was too confused to say anything, even when Loki pushed his face into the space between Henry's neck and shoulder and kissed the skin below his ear. Henry turned his head as the warm tongue slid down to his throat, and he shuddered in response. Then, Loki's hot breath ghosted against his neck again. Henry finally let out the moan he was holding back, and he closed his eyes as he focused on the heat on his neck. And then he came to his senses.

"No," he grunted, pulling his wrist out of Loki's now loose grip. "I have to go. I have a girlfriend, and she doesn't deserve it. Y/N is a fine girl--finer than ten of you!--and I cannot betray her like this."

For a finer girl than ten of thee

Is waiting on for me

Loki smiled strangely, cruelly, and Henry fought back a shudder. "A finer girl?" he hissed darkly, and a cold fist clenched at his heart. How dare he? "A finer girl than me? Oh, Henry Lee"--he spat out his name like a curse--"there's no one who's better than ten of me."

A finer girl, Henry Lee?

A finer girl than me?

A finer girl than ten of me

You surely will never see

Before Henry could react, Loki wrapped an arm around his shoulder and shoved him into the wall with the swiftness of a striking tiger. The world spun for a split second, and Henry swore he heard the world crack. Then it all became clear; Loki's face came closer to his own--so close--and his eyes sparkled with a cruel light as he stared straight through Henry. And then his lips were on Henry's, and he felt his breath leave his lungs.

Henry did not fight him, caught between wanting to respond and wondering what the hell was going on, but then suddenly, Loki's tongue was on his own, probing and pulling, and the world stopped spinning. The heat spread through Henry's chest, his gut, and then to his head, and he closed his eyes.

I held you in my arms so tight

And gave you kisses sweet

Loki moved his hand away from Henry's waist, but Henry didn't even register it. And as the kiss continued--as Henry was lost in it--Loki conjured his dagger and wrapped his fingers tightly around its handle. Their lips parted for a moment, and then he caught Henry's mouth with his again, as strong and as sure as ever.

And then his knife pierced through Henry's abdomen, and Henry gasped in shock as Loki stepped away, pulling it out, watching him sink to the ground.

And out I took my little knife

And wounded you so deep

"There, there," he said then as Henry's breathing began to come out erratic and weak as he gasped for air with a wild look in his grey eyes, pale hands gripping at his abdomen. He was fading, fading away...

Blood was all Henry could see--blood, and Loki's blue--green eyes that gleamed with satisfaction. As Henry's vision grew cloudy, blood seeping from his skin and the sickly smell of it filling the air, he watched Loki raise his hand and brush his fingers over the brim of his jaw, looking at him like he was taking in his last few dying breaths. A silent cough burst from Henry's lips, and he tried to speak, but the air was thick and painful. He was dying; he couldn't die like this, couldn't leave Y/N without an explanation-couldn't betray her twice.

Lie down, lie down, little Henry Lee

As the blood seeps from your skin

"That finer girl than ten of me, your dear Y/N, will never see you again," Loki whispered, looking at Henry as strength abandoned his wounded body.

And then Henry was gone, the world turning into darkness as he was crushed by exhaustion and pain.

That finer girl than ten of me

Will never see you again...

...

I don't know what this is either. Really, one moment I was studying circuit theory, and the next I was writing this, and it'd been six hours. ADHD hyperfocus is ✨ great ✨.

Anyway, I'm leaving you with this for now. I might not have as much time as I'd hoped this summer because I'll probably take up a seasonal job, but I will continue writing, so you'll keep having content from me.

Take care, Lokifans. <3