#44: Come In, Come In, Little Henry Lee

Start from the beginning

"I am Henry, by the way. Henry Lee," he introduced himself as the man closed the door.

"No relation to Henry Lee Lucas, I hope?"

"Who?"

"Henry Lee Lucas," the stranger repeated, "American serial killer?"

"O-oh. I fear I am not familiar with the topic of serial killers," Henry replied, feeling stupid he hadn't understood what the stranger was talking about.

"No matter," said the stranger, and his lips formed a smile that at first sight seemed warm, but if you looked for longer, you could see there was something off. "I am Loki."

Henry put his hands in his pockets, thinking that this Loki was arguably one of the most fascinating people he had ever met. What on earth are you thinking? You don't even know him, and you have a girlfriend, for heaven's sake!

"Eh, so-" he began saying, but he broke off when Loki distanced himself from the door with a sweep and walked forward to the table that stood in the middle of the room.

"Oh, please, come sit, you must be so tired driving for so many hours," said Loki, pulling a chair out.

Henry found himself unable to refuse him once again, so he lowered himself on the offered seat, and the two men sat silently across from one another in awkward silence. He coughed awkwardly, and his eyes darted around the room.

"A nice place you've got here," said Henry at last.

"Thank you," said Loki, his expression unreadable, and then he lifted a cup of tea and sipped its contents-wait, where did the cup come from? Henry remembered the table was empty.

A peculiar sense had taken over Loki. It was almost like he was nervous, but in a completely different way than the one he was used to. A more pleasurable way. As he gazed at Henry's brown hair and grey eyes, a strange feeling came over Loki; a sense of... affection? No. Bonding? No. Lust? Perhaps. Yes, that made some sense. Some. Because, how on earth had he come to lust after a man he had just met? Fucking beautiful, wasn't he, though? Then again, he was a mortal. But, gosh, a mortal with a pretty face and an intoxicating voice.

Loki looked away from Henry and took another sip from his tea, his movements smooth as he set the cup down. "You must want to eat something. Or maybe have a drink?"

"Actually, I-" Henry frowned, cutting himself short when Loki stood up and walked to the kitchen.

About a minute later, he came back, holding a plate in his hand. "Here you are," he said and placed it in front of Henry. Curry. His favourite. How could Loki know? It's a mere coincidence. He couldn't know.

Loki stared at Henry, and then at the plate of food, waiting. Henry was silent for a while, unsure, but then he lifted the fork and took a bite.

"This is amazing," he mumbled around a mouthful.

"Thank you," said Loki, his gaze falling back on Henry.

Loki's look didn't move away from him as Henry continued eating, causing him a strange sense of discomfort. Henry raised his gaze to Loki's as he ate and found his eyes boring into him. If it hadn't been for the delicious food and the fact that he needed help to get back to town, he would have just stood up and fled. Loki's almost predatory eyes kept watching him eat, and then he leaned back as Henry finished, spreading his legs apart to stretch his calves.

"Would you like to stay the night?"

Come in, come in, little Henry Lee

And stay the whole night through