Chapter 6

HAPPY GAY MONTH FELLOW GAY ENJOYERS/ENTHUSIASTS/PARTICIPANTS hope you all have a fantastic june and i also hope you all ENJOY the next chapter in what is quickly becoming my favorite thing to talk about to other people. i actually think my sister reads these, bc she did ask for a link to it. if so, hi emmy! anyways, i have a lot of ideas for this story still, and i think letting myself take breaks between chapters is really helping me stay interested in writing it, so hopefully it stays that way! without further ado, enjoy the show <3

CW FOR THIS CHAPTER, mentions of implied de*th and ch*king, skip over the italicized section if you dont want these themes and still wish to read

...

I was jostled awake by the feeling of Sasha's car coming to a sudden halt. She drove as if she didn't have two extremely drunk girlfriends in the backseat, although that could just be how she drives regardless.

 I looked up from my drunken sleep to see an apartment building, and a pretty nice one at that. I get that they both had nice, presumably well paying jobs, but it was still impressive nonetheless.

Sasha looked back at us from her seat, first glancing at Anne, and then to me. She smiled when she saw that I was looking back and gave a little wave, which I reciprocated with great effort. My arms felt like they could fall off they were so heavy, and I imagine my legs weren't going to be doing me any favors either.

Sasha stood up from her seat and leaned over the car door to gently shake Anne awake, to which she replied with a groan and flailing arms. Eventually though, she did open her eyes and realize where we were, and began to unbuckle herself to head inside

Sasha then walked around the back to my side of the car and leaned over the door. She had a gentle look on her face, which easily made my heart flutter. To be fair, any look from Sasha could make my heart flutter.

"Hey sleepy, how ya feelin?" I groaned in response, and let my head fall slack again, away from Sasha. She giggled and replied, "I thought as much, think you can walk?"

I opened my eyes again and looked down to my definitely useless legs. I swallowed, taking note of how dry my mouth felt, and said hoarsely, "No... I don't think so..." You would think sleeping would help a little bit with the drunkness, but it still took a great deal of effort and focus to not trip over my words.

Sasha smiled again and opened the door she was leaning on, scooting her arms underneath my legs and behind my back. She heaved me upwards and rested my weight against her body, using her hip to close the car door.

I instinctively wrapped my arms around her neck, not fully being able to process what was really going on. I rested my head against the strong girl's chest as we walked towards the apartment's front door. Her heartbeat was hypnotically rhythmic, beating like a steady hit of a drum. Every beat reminded me once again that this was a real person, with their own life and aspirations completely separate from my point of view or narrative.

I looked up at her eyes, which were set dead ahead of her, not meeting mine. She looked so imposing from this position, and yet I still couldn't have felt any safer than I did at this moment.

As we approached the door, I noticed their cute welcome mat with a dark green frog sitting atop the M. This definitely felt like where Anne and Sash would live, that's for sure.

Sasha held me against her with one hand, using the other to twist the doorknob and push it open. No matter how many times she demonstrated it, I will always be impressed by her incredible strength.

We walked through the doorway and were met by Anne in the kitchen, only the light above the sink was on. I could hear running water, and I saw Anne quickly tilt her head back and chug an entire glass of water in one go, and then go and fill her glass up a second time. At least the second time that I had seen.