And so it begins... Ch.1

I looked across the mounds of hideous corpses, myself unable to move, all I could think of was the man who put me in this hole where I awaited a slow dreary end. I could see his eyes more clearly than the blood pooling in front of my face. Those red eyes of the Archangels, that pierced through me as a sword through the wind. Every gaze dead, even as he massacred fifty people without hesitation, without care. His voice was deep and dark they matched his essence, it seemed when he moved time itself warped to accommodate his precise movements. He was not arrogant nor was he lusting for blood. He had come to do the task set before him and took neither pleasure nor pain in executing it, his comrade however found psychopathic solace in executing the task at hand. As he cut down anyone who crossed his path, a mad man with a blade, not unlike Jack the Ripper. His red eyes told a different story not one of pain but burning with the fires of passion and his voice, though of a higher pitch, was one to be feared. For if you heard his crazed laugh and hissing tone, a blade's ringing swipe was sure to follow. These were men who nightmares were built on but I suppose that was our doing we needed power to build our Utopia so we claimed it, no, we stole it. None were ready to pay the price for such a dream as a bloody crest was carved into this once beautiful earth.

“It can be said that it man is the greediest of all God’s creatures, for only man can grasp the moon in one hand and reach for the sun with the other”- Veliki Filozof. The date was 20th November 2012, President Obama had been re-elected to serve another term, the wars in the Middle East were resolved and all nations had finally renounced nuclear weapons and with the introduction of solar towers the energy and global warming crisis had finally subsided. The world was achieving a Utopic future but people still wanted more. With the cessation of wars around the world military numbers began to thin, many good honest men lost their jobs. Cut-backs were everywhere the oil industry, testing facilities, even the general public felt the blow. Crime in the streets rose to an all-time high, with so few jobs available criminal enterprise became the new fad. However it wasn’t until the introduction of the “No Tolerance Bill” that civil wars began breaking out worldwide. The bill stated that the death penalty was to be given out to ALL guilty, adult offenders, no matter what the crime; this was the case throughout the UN member nations. The public’s talons gripped us tightly forced our hands and we did the unthinkable. We unleashed the ‘Lucky Seven’ program.

Lucky Seven, or the Archangels as they are now known, were children who were taken as infants and raised in lab, Lab 5 to be precise, an island paradise from the sky but a hell hole underneath. The Lucky Seven program started off with well over a hundred disciples, they were born in an environment that mimicked the gravity of Jupiter, and this meant the mother would need to be inseminated in the environment and after nine months of near perfect pregnancy would die giving birth and should the child survive he or she would have denser bones and stronger muscle tissue. Those who survived were taken to another section of Lab 5, known only as “the gym” it used a similar environment as to condition the children. Education was key, so the forty-five children who survived had combat tactics and general knowledge programmed into them via video music and books. When the child could stand they would begin physical training. Although due to the environment several children died. Seven survived they now work directly under Ban Ki Moon. When the UN decided that they should be used to quash the civil wars no objections were made, I wish I had though. I had never seen such a one sided battle, entire battalions taken down by one man, it seemed as if the public finally got the idea ‘you break the law and your existence will end.’

It wasn’t long before wars had once again begun to diminish and peace seemed almost assured but greed is not man’s only sin. Pride had gotten the better of us; we the governments of the “free” world took advantage of the power the Sevens had given us. For every conflict or every crime the sevens were called to deal out punishment. Soon it seemed no one rich or poor, black or white was free. It was then that the heads of the UN unveiled the Columbus Project. The Columbus Project was a sky dome that resided just under the stratosphere; it was to be used in an attempt to finally put the wedge between the strong and the weak. When the truth unfolded it seem that science fiction had become a reality.

In the weeks that passed the heads of the UN formed a secret communal. The nations to which they represented were assured a place in the new Utopia, and they also passed the verdict on which nations would be allowed in the community. Africa the entire continent was given a place in Utopia. The explanation given was that the African people were a strong people who could be instrumental along with being a very spiritual people they were to be led to the elevators not before the Lucky Sevens eliminated all the rebels and the corrupt government officials. The Sevens were thorough eliminating entire villages if necessary. The next to judged were the Arabian Nations, however they felt the cold sting of rejection and were deemed unworthy and the Sevens descended upon them. On the grounds that the Arabian Nations were too large for the Sevens to handle solely, the UN military were to get involved but considering this was the first act of annihilation it was to be treated as secret and covert.

First the military officers were to be neutralized government officials were to be left to the Sevens, and this was to be done within the hours before dawn. It took a lot of man power but it was carried out flawlessly and what happened next was beyond rational human thought before anyone even noticed, the Helios cannon was fire upon each individual Arabian Country wiping out all living entities. The Helios Cannon was an Italian orbital weapon capable of eliminating a country as vast as Russia or as miniscule as the Vatican. It wasn’t secret but its use was unprecedented, for it was utterly inhumane. When the dust cleared there was nothing just sand, I fell to my knee from the sight of a nightmarish occurrence, how could this be justified. The publicly disclosed answer was that the Arabian Nations were a problem area as their history was blood drenched and could not be trusted in Utopia. Something the scared public ate up without hesitation. However I knew better the Arabian Nations had too much power, money, and influence and that frightened them so they got rid of the problem.

“An act of kindness softens the heart; an act of force softens the mind”

The Helios Cannon was not used again or at least to the best of my knowledge it wasn’t. The eastern hemisphere had been judged with almost all nations going through, however all Asian nations with the exception of Japan and China had to relinquish governance over to the Chamber of 46; the name given to the secret communal of UN members.

The UN came to the pass judgment on the rest of world starting with the United States of America. Myself being a member of the Chamber of 46 and the delegate for America, I was uniquely surprised; to hear that we would have to be judged was frightening. I asked why and was told this was only a formality. Such a formality didn’t sit right with President Smith, he mobilized all military forces readying for any conflict. Secretary General Jonas did not find his mistrust funny and prepared the UN military and the Sevens for the mass World War III. The war lasted for three years and both sides suffered many fatalities, however Jonas was set on extermination and resultantly had each state destroyed using bomber planes after the battle was won. Washington was left for last because of the vast military presence, but as the saying goes “the last soldier to die in war has the most horrors to face” and never was that more apparent than now. The Sevens, now going by the name the Archangels, had been sent. Nothing could stop them. Tanks were big and slow full of openings to be exploited by Mercury and Hermes the Archangels tops snipers. Bunkers were good against aerial assault but were useless against Ira and Malice the Archangels demolition experts they made tin foil out of the steel reinforced bunkers. Ground Patrol they were many and widespread, it would have been simple to get past them but such was not the objective. Their numbers showed to be useful when feeding the fire that burn in the souls of the Archangels close-combat leaders; the insane Uriel, whose scream and laugh chilled bones, though he spoke so few words he was to be feared. With his axe in right and left cleaving the flesh of innumerable soldiers, but even in his mad rampage his madness was well balanced by the empathetic Gabrielle with cold mace that thrashed anyone who would dare oppose her. However it was him the dead hearted Michael his rage was as a cold sea crashing upon a disheartened shore he only spoke to confirm completion his zweihander striped flesh from bone. It wasn’t long until all seven of them stood in front of me and my family; my death was to be slow Michael told me. So after they had slaughtered my children my parents my brothers and sisters and they laid me down next to their bodies piled one atop the other and stabbed me through my rib cage to my lungs and left.  So as I lay clinging to my mutilated family I cried and cried until I passed away into the dawn knowing I’d only be a statistic.