19 | 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑𝐒

Start from the beginning

You take them off, once again able to gaze at the ambar hidden within his irises. Beaming, your teeth peek from under your lips, eyes tinted by the brightness of the stars upon your pupils.

"So, allow me, just for today."

You sit up, leaving Baji's comfortable lap. Crossed legged as well, you turn so you sit ahead of him. Your hands play together, fiddling with each other's fingers and entangling them within a mess.

"I'm scared." He drops, glaring down at your hands on both of your laps. "I can't help it."

Focusing his eyes on you, his sharp canines glisten with the pale moonlight. Taking both of your hands in his own, he squeezes them.

"But for them I'll do whatever it takes." You correspond to his smile with the twitching of your lips, not high enough to reach to the corners of your eyes.

It doesn't take long for it to faint.

Swinging his arms at the steady rhythm of yours, you ease on the hold, letting them fall down to his knees. The bed of green you are sitting on rustles, tickling you.

You prop yourself up after the shimmering in Baji's eyes chokes you. Taking one last look at the night sky, Baji copies your movements and stands up, too.

Facing him, his now closed lipped grin is directed at you. Fondness sweeps his gaze, shining through a gemstone you can't pinpoint.

Leaning forward, you wrap your arms around him, pulling him into a hug that leaves him gasping. You smile, letting his hair hit your face as the contact of light muscle pulls you closer to him.

Baji, whose cheeks are coated by soft heat and stomach exploding at the knocking of your rapid heart in his chest, yelps in joy at the move.

"Thank you," You mutter, lost in the giggling of your memories' way. "for being there at the library, for asking me for help."

He chuckles, a hand keeping you steady by pressing against your lower back. Stiffening, he secures you closer to him, following in the same light voice.

"Thank you, for helping me."

It's hard to break the hold, faces near one another after your arms leave the other's touch. The eye contact persists, daring to crack it despite how tempting it appears.

He peers down in an instant, taken as a reflex even when you so coincidentally share the same urge. Glancing up at you, his eyes darken; along with the pursing of his lips, accompanied by his tongue passing over them from the inside, his nose nudges yours.

They kiss, but before your lips do, the constriction of your heart moving up your throat abandons all touch. You close your eyes, forehead now away from Baji's —who unbeknownst to you furrows his brows and shakes his head.

Biting your tongue you turn around, ignoring the dejection slipping off Baji. Touching your lips, it muffles your words; certain glumness palpable through them.

"Goodbye, Baji."

With his hands in the pockets of his white jacket, he yearns for your retrieving form to stay with him just a little longer.

In sullen silence, he pronounces his last words to you.

"Yeah, see ya."

Deep inside, in the never ending twists of your stomachs and turnings of your hearts, you both know.

This was the last talk you two will ever have.