Chapter 47: We're In the Endgame Now

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"Loki!" Steve said, everyone cautiously forming around the two adversaries. 

If they made a lunge for Loki, they could very well cause Zemo's death. Not that there was any fondness between Zemo and the team, but their morals wouldn't let him die like this.

"She's dead," Loki said menacingly in Zemo's face, voice shaking with rage, "Because we spent a month trying to find her. A month that pushed back our efforts. A month where she was imprisoned by you!" With every emphasis, Loki pressed the dagger a little harder, drops of blood trickling down from the cut. 

Zemo's eyes had shown initial fear at the attack, but he was now looking defiantly back at Loki, jaw clenched to keep from wincing at the pain.

"We can get her back," Zemo muttered with a struggle, every movement of his throat making the dagger pull harder against his skin. It didn't help that Loki pressed more as he spoke.

"We does not include you," Loki hissed.

He was applying enough pressure to cut without reaching the needed arteries. A little further though and Zemo would be on the floor bleeding out.

"Loki, don't do this," Nat said calmly, "You're better than this."

Clint gave her a skeptical look, but refrained from making any snippy remarks at this tense time.

Loki and Zemo had been burning their eyes into each other's skulls up until this point, but Nat's words made Loki lower his gaze. His eyes danced back and forth as he thought about what she said...about how she reminded him of Wren...about what he'd promised Wren. Lifting his glare back to Zemo, he eased the pressure of the dagger but didn't remove it.

"I won't kill you," he said, pushing roughly off of Zemo. He stood breathing heavily, glaring at the man he'd spared. "Because I promised her I wouldn't."

Zemo's eyes held the pain he felt, knowing Loki was telling the truth. Wren had kept him alive today. Only after Loki stormed off did Zemo's hand reach for his neck. He touched the wound, which was a few inches long across his neck, and looked at the blood on his hand.

Nat stepped towards him, but he motioned her to stay.

"I don't need your help," he said, walking past them to the counter.

Holding one hand on the opening, he fumbled through the drawers for a cloth.

"You don't know where any of our medical supplies are," Bruce said in an insistent tone.

"I don't need them," he continued, finding a rag and placing it against his neck.

Bruce looked to Steve, who nodded. Banner started walking towards the injured man.

"I said, I don't need your help!" he snapped in agitation, "I don't need anything from you."

"If that were true, you wouldn't be here," Steve said.

Zemo glared at Rogers, while Bruce inched his way closer. With a sigh, Zemo lowered the rag and gave the doctor a look of surrender.

"Take a seat down there," Bruce ordered, pointing to the table as he made for one of the cabinets.

Zemo seemed almost embarrassed to have to ask for help, let alone listen to an order from any of them. He refrained from making eye contact with anyone as he passed them, walking to the table.

"Ok, let's see what we got," Bruce muttered, pulling a chair around to face Zemo, "Look up for me?"

Zemo did as he was asked, with a little hesitation.