💄The Beauty Starts Seeing Spots💄

As the group stepped out of the elevator and into the powder room, Elvira's face fell. This was not at all what she had in mind, when she asked for the powder room!

Matilda's eyes scanned the room with delight. The powder room had rows and rows of pipes coming straight up out of the floor. The pipes were bent over at the top making them look like large canes. Out of every pipe there trickled a stream of white crystals. Oompa-Loompas ran back and forth, catching the crystals in little golden boxes and stacking the boxes against the walls. As Wonka led them to the center of the room, Matilda read the tube's labels: Peaches & Dreams, Banana & Snozzberries, Whipple Mellow, Honeycombs and Brushes, Stars in their Pies, Chocolate-Covered Moonbeams and Cream-Puffed Caterpiller Kisses.

"This is the Powder Room" Willy explained. "All manner of secret flavors that make my confectionery creations taste so great, are in these very tubes."

"Some of these flavors make absolutely no sense" Miranda declared. "Whoever heard of a snozzberry?"

"Peaches and dreams?" Clarissa tittered. "That means cream, right?"

"Of course not!" Willy smirked. "Cream wouldn't work half as good as dreams."

"I'm not seein' any protein powder in this joint" Vicky muttered.

"What kind of products are Cream-Puffed Caterpiller Kisses used for?" Matilda asked curiously.

"Oh, that one's my favorite" Willy replied. "It's wonderful, the texture is fluffy and luscious like a cream puff, but instead of leaving your stomach feeling heavy with rich cream, it feels like fuzzy caterpiller's crawling around inside you. It's... more enjoyable than it sounds, I assure you."

"So, instead of having butterflies in your stomach, you'll have caterpillers?" Matilda inquired, smiling.

Willy snapped his fingers. "That's wonderful!" He pulled out a notepad and pen. "We could use that for the marketing campaign."

Willy stared at Matilda as he scribbled down the note. She was smiling again, he loved when she smiled. Something shiny and glorious happened to her face when she smiled.

Then Elvira stepped between them, her creepy doll-like face blocking out Matilda's smile.

"Tell me, Willy" She said. "How do you keep such a trim figure, being around so many sweets everyday?"

"Well, it helps yourself and your business to not eat your inventory" Willy said, trying to maneuver around her.

Elvira linked his arm with hers and walked him away from Matilda. "Oh, business is one thing I know all about" she nodded. "Over the years, I released my own line of make-up and skin care. That's one thing we have in common."

"How is candy the same as cosmetics?" Willy asked confused.

"Well..." Elvira paused. "I suppose they're not alike at all really. But my point is imagine how a beautiful spokeslady would increase your product sales?"

"A spokeslady?" Willy repeated. "For candy?"

"Yes" Elvira nodded. "Just imagine how beautiful I'll look on the Wonka wrappers!"

"But candy doesn't need a spokes person" Willy explained. "It really just sells itself."

Elvira narrowed her eyes and turned up her nose. "I don't see what's so great about candy..." She ranted. "I don't care for this candy power. The only powders I like, are the ones I use on my face!"

Willy shot her an annoyed side-eye. "It just so happens that we do make face powders..."

He gestured to a pipe that contained a white powder. Willy took a small paper cup and turned valve on the pipe and out came a poof of white powder from the pipe and into the paper cone cup.