Sweet little bundle of joy

Start from the beginning

"What are you waiting for? Don't you want to go back home?" Y/N questioned the little pokemon but Togepi just stared at Y/N and stepped forward.

"I guess this little one wants to be with you Y/N." Professor Laventon said as Togepi cried in agreement while jumping up and down.

"Really?" Y/N asked looking at the little Togepi already tugging onto Y/N's leggings.

"Awe Togepi really likes you Y/N." Rei awed as he bent down to Togepi's level taking a good look at the baby.

"But-" Before Y/N could deny any further Togepi began to cry. As a result Y/N is officially a mother to a baby pokemon.

"Congratulations for having the baby Y/N." Rei teased Y/N causing her to blush by his tease.

"Oh stop it Rei!" Y/N said as she picked up the Togepi cradling the little one as Togepi began to nuzzle herself into Y/N's chest.

"I'm assuming that Togepi sees you as her mother Y/N like human babies I'm not surprised that baby pokemon would fall in that category as well but what I am surprised is how easily this Togepi opened up to you when Togepis normally run away or attack out of fear." Professor Laventon explained.

Y/N looks down at Togepi once more before coming to an decision in taking her on her journey to complete the Pokedex.

"Well if that makes Y/N the mother than Togepi does that make me your father?" Rei looked at the Togepi grinning at the thought of what Togepi would think of him.

As a result Togepi cried again.

"I take it that she doesn't see you that way Rei." Professor Laventon chuckled as Rei held a gloomy expression for the rejection he got from Togepi.

"Don't take it to heart Rei after all Togepi is like a baby in which would take time to open up to others so don't sweat too much about it." Y/N said as she comforted the crying Togepi as the Togepi stopped crying after 5 minutes.

"Y/N why don't you spend some time with Togepi for now to know her better after all it's good parenting." Professor Laventon joked.

"Not you too Professor." Y/N groaned as the whole "being a mother/parent" joke has gotten the best of her.

"You know what as a matter of fact I will spend time with Togepi to do some mother daughter bond then I take it that you two can handle the research yourselves right?" Y/N looked at Laventon and Rei who just stared at Y/N by her sudden choice.

"I take that as a yes then well I'll be back before sun down." Y/N said as she began to walk away from the campsite with her baby Togepi in hand.

As soon as Y/N was out of sight Rei let out a sigh catching Laventon's attention.

"What's the matter Rei?" He asked.

"I'm no good with girls Professor." Rei admitted.

"And who told you that?"

"Akari."

"Well she's not wrong."

"Professor!"

"Calm down my boy everything will be alright you just need to have a bit more faith in yourself."

"But how?"

"Learn it from me of course." Professor Laventon smiled proudly as Rei only looked at him as if he was joking by that offer.

'Something tells me I'm going to regret this.' Rei thought as he and Laventon get straight to business with him.

Meanwhile with Y/N and Togepi~

"Couldn't be too bad taking care of you now right?" Y/N said to herself while she was feeding Togepi some Dazzling Honey from catching a few Combee or just lying around near the trees.

While Togepi was licking and sucking the bits of honey off of Y/N's fingers she the cried out happily. Y/N just smiled at the Togepi as she looked at the blue sea along with the clear blue sky with no cloud in sight just the sun. Just before Y/N could fall into a daze Togepi tugged onto her uniform to get her attention.

"Sorry Togepi just lost my mind there."

"Toge?"

Togepi stared at Y/N for answer knowing how Togepi wouldn't stop staring at her she then smiled at the Togepi.

"You know you remind of another Togepi who I used to see during my travels even though I won't ever see them due to some unfortunate events." Y/N said looking down at the sand with a frown on her face. You then grabbed the closest stick and began to doodle on the sand.

"This Togepi belonged to someone I used to trust. I trusted him so much because he was always there for me when I needed help the most. Someone who did what he could for me but it was all part of his plan." Y/N went on talking about Volo to her newly caught baby Togepi.

It sounded weird in telling a baby pokemon about something about human problems in which she wouldn't understand. Yeah she would understand her sadness but that all this baby could see.

"It's been a few weeks since it happened but it feels like it was only yesterday it happened." Y/N said as she choked on a sob recalling the event once more.

Togepi just watched her drag the stick along the sand while talking with her Togepi can feel her sadness of a broken heart but could never understand the reason behind it.

"Pi?" Togepi looked at Y/N in concern as Y/N looked over at Togepi once more before smiling at Togepi.

"Don't worry Togepi I'll be fine." Y/N said as the little egg pokemon looked at the drawing Y/N made on the sand. Y/N looked at the drawing she made before realizing what she did.

"Ugh I can't forget him!" Y/N yelled.

Turns out she has drawn Volo's face onto the sand without knowing which made her feel as if she won't ever move on. Togepi patted Y/N's back to comfort her as well as hug her.

"Thank you Togepi and I'm sorry that you had to see me like this." Y/N said picking up Togepi and hugging her.

After a few minutes has passed of you trying to pick yourself up the sea has already washed away the Volo sketch you made on the sand.

"Togepi!" Togepi let out a happy cry to see you happy once more.

"I guess it's time we get back to Professor Laventon and Rei don't want them to be worried about me right now if we don't head back to Sand's Reach for supper." Y/N said as she and Togepi decided to head back to camp.

Back in Sand's Reach~

"Are you sure this is going to work professor?" Rei asked as he tossed a few vegetables into the boiling pot while keeping an eye on the rice.

"I'm very certain my boy remember ladies love it when someone like yourself is capable of making meals." Professor Laventon states.

"I get that but what's the point in having the flowers again?"

"Good gracious I can see why Akari always brought up your disadvantages when it comes to women."

"Hey!"

"It's to make the scene a bit romantic you see Rei if you want to win Y/N's heart you need to think the options you have here. As a matter of fact knowing Y/N I'm sure she'll love what you've done around here so don't fret unless you somehow manage to make a fool of yourself in front of her which is something I'd least expect." Professor Laventon says as he finished putting his papers away.

"Anyway I'll be watching you two from afar and see if you are struggling with anything ok."

"Ok Professor."

While Rei and Laventon finish the last finishing touches everything was ready and all that's left is for Y/N to arrive and it's settled.

"She's coming Rei good luck to you and don't over do it." Professor Laventon said as he quickly left the area to go into hiding.

"I won't." Rei said he prepared himself for this moment. He turns around to see your figure approaching by each second.

'Here I go.'