Chapter 2 - Well That's Just Brilliant

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!”

Teddy repeated as he stood up, they were all still standing in Grimmauld Place only darker, basically the same as they'd seen it last time they did this...

“James please tell me you didn't.” Rose's voice said desperately.

“Rose? What are you doing here” James asked, fixing his dust-covered hair.

“WHAT ARE ANY OF US DOING HERE!?” Lily yelled.

“Et tu Lil?” James chuckled, Lily hit his shoulder,

“YES ET TU!” She groaned.

Teddy looked around, he could see, Al, James, Lily, Rose, Fred and Roxy.

Atleast it's a smaller crowd than last time. He thought.

“Okay everybody listen up, we have to figure out what year we're in!” Teddy ordered, yelling louder than the others, suddenly a raspy voice spoke.

“I would like to know that too.”

Teddy turned around, it was Kreacher. Thank merlin

“Kreacher! I never thought it'd be so good to see you!” Al exclaimed, relieved.

“Who are--”

“No time to explain Kreach, what's the year?” Kreacher raised his eyebrows for a moment before saying,

“It's late 1997.”

Teddy's eyes went wide as he frowned.

“Oh blood hell.” He whispered, “This is brilliant just brilliant.”

He kept mumbling, he didn't stop until Lily tapped him on the shoulder and asked if he wanted some water.

“I'm fine thanks Lil.” He declined.
“Kreacher, do you know where we could find--”

Almost on cue, the stairs began to creak and the sound of footsteps filled the room.

“Kreacher, I was thinking, do you know when...”

It was Harry, well, younger Harry than what they knew but slightly older than what they'd seen last time. He quickly drew his wand, dropping a book he was holidng.

He looked odd. His face was pale. His hair was draping barely above his shoulders and the under of his eyes were dark purple.

“Hermione won't like that.” James whispered to Al, not subtly might I add.

“How do you know Hermione? Who are you?” Harry asked, his wand still pointed at them.

Teddy raised his arms and outstretched them infront of him.

“We're not deatheaters, you know us-” Teddy cleared his throat.
“Well you know me atleast.”

Harry kept his wand high and steady.

“We're from the future okay Look we'll drop our wands.” Teddy said.

He immediately and slowly lowered his wand onto the ground, it was a light coloured wood with a dragon heartstrings core. He nodded at the others, implying they should do the same. Reluctantly, they followed his lead, though he heard Lily mutter something about never having to do this when they normally see him.

Harry lowered his wand by a fraction.

“And I should believe you because” " He asked.

Teddy searched his jacket pocket before pulling out a small card.

“Well my drivers liscene for one.” He explained, slowly handing the card to Harry.

“1997.” Harry said, his eyebrow raised.

“See? Read my name, you know me!” He insisted.
“Oh wait, have you been to shell cottage yet?”

Harry shook his head.

“Then you don't know me yet, but you will!”

Teddy could hear Lily slapping her hand against her head behind him.

“Hermione! Ron! Get down here!” Harry yelled suddenly, giving James a bit of a jump scare.

Hermione came running down the stairs wand in hand when she saw them, muttered a tiny oh and lowered her wand.

“What's wrong?” She asked,

“They just appeared here. They said they're from the future.” Harry began, sounding unconvinced.

He gave Hermione the drivers liscence, she looked over it.

  “Excuse me for being a bit cautious.” He said. Hermione nodded,

“Wait Harry, did you read this name” Hermione asked,

“No.”

Harry looked over at the ID, gazed at it momentarily before letting out a gasp and fixing his eyes on Teddy once again.

“That's me.” Teddy said awkwardly, he felt like he could throw up any minute.

“If it provides any reassurance for you, I can morph into a wolf, not a were just a regular one.”

Goddamn it Teddy...