Chapter 62: Cracking The Eggs-pectations

(3rd Person's POV)

You're now in the kitchen with your 'Polar Star' mates, who were trying to come up with a proper dish to serve as breakfast.

The students were having trouble coming up with their owns as well.

And so were you...

"This challenge is a lot harsher than I'd expected" Shun exclaimed.

"Yeah. Unless we're really confident in our cooking, we won't get to sleep anytime soon, huh?" Ryoko pointed out worriedly.

-

Meanwhile...

(Erina's POV)

"I'm going to bed now. Are you still working on your dish?" I asked Hisako. She turned to me while cooking, "y-yes, I'm still just halfway done".

"I see. Don't keep at it too long".

I turned to walk away, then halted in my steps, "Oh, also...".

Hisako looked at me, pointing at her with frowned face. "Tomorrow, we're having a crazy sevens rematch! In last night's game of old maid...Well, I wasn't in good form...You follow me?" I said, blushing.

"Y-Yes!" Hisako stuttered.

I left the kitchen and made my way back to my room to get a good night sleep.

I had a quick flashback of...Eguchi's and Yukihira's egg dishes on the day of the entrance exam.

"Yukihira Soma, Eguchi (Y/N)...Through my cooking, I will shoot the both of you down. Watch closely. You'll both see the epitome of egg cuisine, a dish befitting Totsuki!" I thought, sneering.

-

Meanwhile...

(3rd Person's POV)

Soma was thinking about what to make for it be an appropriate egg dish. "Nothing's coming to mind for a fancy hotel breakfast..." he thought.

"Damn it!!" you yelled in anger, banging your fists on the counter. Snapping the red head out of his thoughts, he looked at you with a questioning look, "what's wrong?".

You groaned, "ugh, I've been thinking about what I can make for an egg dish, all I made was the egg soufflé on the day of our entrance exam. I need something new!!".

Soma tilted his head, "'something new'? Didn't you ever make a dish from a specific cuisine before?".

You looked at him with crossed arms, "no, Soma. That was just either my training, or Totsuki's normal cooking classes. But, I never liked repetition! You think the 'Rose Terrine' I made was something that existed? I make food out inspiration..."

He furrowed his brows, "then, what inspired you to make it even though we were in a basement?".

"Chef Shinomiya's hair!" you casually answered, which left Soma dumbfounded. A stupid look was all over his face.

You laughed at his reaction, "hahahahaha! Oh shit, your face!!".

You wiped your tears and gave a warm smile, "sometimes weird things inspire us, Soma...".

You returned to your thinking bubble, back to your deep thoughts as you struggled to squeeze your brain to come up with a new, fresh, and crazy idea.

"Inspiration, eh?" Soma thought, putting a hand on his chin. A soft smile curled up on his lips before beginning his cooking, "guess I'll just try making something!".