Coping

Chapter 6

Coping

*Melinda's Point of View*

It has been a week since the accident and my little girl still has not woken up.

"Hey sweets... it's mama... Can you open those brown eyes for me? Please." I practically beg for her to hear me. I couldn't see her. "Please... Please Sav... Please."

"Hun?" JJ asks and walks inside. "Oh honey... She'll wake up... Just calm down."

"I can't calm down, JJ.... She's my little girl." I sob as she hugs me.

"Let's take a walk... It should help." She says and wipes away my tears.

"Okay." I say and stand up. "I can't promise it will help."

"It will, honey." She says and smiles as we walk through the hospital corridor. "Now talk."

"About what?" I ask.

"Anything..." She says.

"Okay..?" I answer. "I just can't lose her, JJ. I can't."

"I know. I don't know what I'd do if I lost Henry." She answers. "Just calm down. All you can do is pray and hope."

"I have faith but that's about it." I sigh and smile softly.

"Let's talk about something happy. How's everything with your hubby?" She laughs and pokes at my side.

"We're really good. We just cuddled the other day on the sofa and talked about sex." I say and smile as Jim walks in front of us. "Speak of the devil."

"Just stealing a kiss," he says and kisses me and then walks off.

"Well..." JJ mutters. "That was hot."

"Thanks," I laugh. "We get that a lot."

"I bet! I haven't had sex with Will in over a week..." She says as we keep walking, arm in arm.

"Surprise him. Light candles, buy something sexy and just surprise him, Jayje." I say. "Then screw the living daylights out of him. Over and over and over again."

"That sounds really nice." She laughs and I make a fake sex face which causes her to laugh harder.

"It is," I say and smile. "You should try it sometime."

"When was the last time that you did the dirty?" She asks and does a little dance and I laugh.

"Over a month... wow. I need to have sex more often." I say and look at her and then spot my husband.

"Go..." She whispers. "There is closet right there."

"I am not hooking up with my husband in a hospital closet." I laugh.

"GO!" She yells quietly in my ear and pushes me toward him and then mouths that she loves me.

"Hey you..." Jim says and kisses me.

"Hey..." I say and smile. "Do you have somewhere that we can be alone?"

"Umm... sure." He says and pulls me toward the bunk room where doctors can rest if needed. "What's up?"

"I need you." I say and pull his scrub top off and then kiss him passionately.

"Fuck... Yes." He laughs and I push him down on the bottom of a bunk and straddle him. "I've been waiting for you to do something like this."

"Take your pants off..." I mutter and pull my jeans off quickly.

"Fuck... umm yeah." He groans and slips his scrub pants off and then moves my panties off. "Come here..."

"I'm here..." I say and grip his chest and slides him slides in me...

It was a blur in time... But after a while we redressed and kissed before walking back out into civilization.

"Oh my goodness... You actually listened to me Kate Callahan." JJ laughs as I walk toward her with ratted hair. "This is a nice style on you."

"Thank you." I say and pose. "Anything new?"

"Look for yourself..." She says and smiles as I open the door.

"Mama?" Savannah croaks as I run to her side.

"Baby girl... oh my God... you're awake..." I say and touch her face. "You're awake."

"What happened?" She coughs as I pull a chair over and sit down as she squeezes my hand. "I hurt... everywhere... "

"You were in a car crash with your brother. He's okay, you were on the side of impact which is why you're more hurt." I say and press the button for her doctor to come and check on her. "Your dad should be here shortly."

"Aiden? Where is he?" She asks and looks around.

"You're not supposed to call him that. You know that," I whisper.

"What am I supposed to call him? That's his name!" She says and touches her head. "My head..."

"Babygirl, how old are you?" I ask and bite my lip as Jim walks inside with JJ.

"I'm 12. Why?" She asks.

I look back at JJ as Jim walks in trying to straighten up his appearance which causes JJ to laugh.

I was confused.

Amnesia wasn't supposed to be a side effect.

"Baby girl, you're 14." I say and gulp.

We were in for some trouble now.