The Hellish Training

Zenitsu and his brother, Kaigaku, were always distant. Though their granpa tried to bring them closer, it never worked out.

Perhaps it was the difference of their quirks. Kaigaku's quirk allowed him to create and control black lightning. Zenitsu's quirk allowed him to move faster than light in short bursts.

Kaigaku's quirk is more similar to their grandfather than Zenitsu's, which is the ability to create electricity through his super speed. This meant that their grandfather was able to train Kaigaku in a more personal way.

Zenitsu wasn't disregarded, however, as their grandfather tried his best to train Zenitsu's speed and strength. His effort did not go for naught and Zenitsu will be forever grateful.

But the difference in training and power was too big to be ignored. Kaigaku used this to torment Zenitsu everyday until he went to Shiketsu and became a hero. Dirt, scum, weakling, coward and dunse, Kaigaku drilled those words into Zenitsu's head.

It's been six years since Zenitsu heard from Kaigaku let alone see him. Zenitsu enjoyed the six years without his brother. So, for Kaigaku to abruptly return home, is a great dread for Zenitsu.

"Hey dirt." Kaigaku greeted as soon as Zenitsu stepped inside the house. He arrived an hour before Zenitsu got home and chatted with his mentor in the meantime.

Zenitsu did not reply. He shifted his attention towards his grandfather, who sat besides Kaigaku quietly with his crane between his legs. Zenitsu walked over to the couch that was facing the pair.

"Kaigaku. What are you doing back? Don't you have work or something?"

Kaigaku laughed at Zenitsu's questions. 'He's gotten bold', Kaigaku thought, 'I'm glad I came back.'

"Teacher here." Kaigaku began by patting the old man's leg. He never referred to his grandfather as grandfather. Only as teacher.

"He told me that you got accepted into U.A. I was shocked! A weakling like you were able to get into the prestigious U.A. I also caught wind of its sports festival happening soon. So, I came back to hopefully help you."

Kaigaku smirked as he saw the color drain from Zenitsu's face. Kaigaku stood and walked to the other couch. Standing in front of Zenitsu, he held his hand out and created an electric ball.

"Don't worry, brother. I won't go too hard."

"Wake up, scum!" Kaigaku slammed into Zenitsu's room

"Wake up, scum!" Kaigaku slammed into Zenitsu's room. He held a bucket of water to his side as he walked closer to Zenitsu's bed.

"I said wake up!" Kaigaku threw the water on Zenitsu's bed. He laughed loudly as he went to pull back the covers but only saw pillows.

"Kaigaku! What did you do?" Grandfather was visibly angry with a deep frown on his face. He hobbled towards Kaigaku and hit him with the cane.

"Clean this mess up! And when you're done, go downstairs to eat. Zenitsu is already down there." Kaigaku tried to shield his head as grandfather hit him repeatedly to every word.

After cleaning up all the water and putting the sheets in the laundry, Kaigaku walked down the stairs to a table with plates of food.

Zenitsu got up from the table at the same time Kaigaku sat down. The tension between the two was heavy and none of them attempting to talk made it worse. Their grandfather noticed this even when they were younger and it's worse now.

"Kaigaku, I trust you to train and take care of Zenitsu while I handle some important business. So get out of the house and get to work!" Grandfather pushed both of the boys towards the door forcefuly.

Zenitsu stopped in the doorway and turned to Grandfather. "What business are you doing? Do you need help?" Zenitsu tried to weasel back inside to escape the hellish training he was about to endure.

Grandfather hit Zenitsu on top of the head with his cane causing Kaigaku to laugh. "Don't try anything slick and go!" Grandfather gave Zenitsu a final push and slammed the door closed.

Zenitsu drooped defeatedly in front of the door causing Kaigaku to laugh harder. "Cmon scum. I want to test your speed." Zenitsu groaned as he got up and followed Kaigaku into the backyard.

Kaigaku suddenly stopped and Zenitsu began to walk slowly towards him. All of a sudden lightning struck near Zenitsu's feet.

"Woah! You almost struck me!" Zenitsu jumped away from his spot and turned to Kaigaku. After seeing him not move, Zenitsu stormed towards Kaigaku.

Another lightning strike was shot out by Kaigaku, this time hitting Zenitsu and knocking him out.

Kaigaku then turned around and laughed at the scene of Zenitsu on the charred ground. He stooped low and smirked at Zenitsu's face.

"It's time to bring up your tolerance."