the place where it all started

As Celeste was about to enter the ice, I could feel the nervousness radiating off of her from my seat in the crowd. Now, let's look at it from her point of view. 

I could see so many people in the crowd. It's not big deal, I've done this so many times. I don't get why all the sudden I'm so nervous. I can see my best friend, Lester Averman, in his seat, jumping with excitement to see my performance. I quickly wave to him. He waves back. Lester has been my best friend since we were born. My mom and his mom are best friends from elementary to all the way now, where they both have kids, and husbands, and jobs, and everything like that. Me and Les always wishes and hopes for a friendship (or possibly more) like that for that long. He plays for the District 5 Hockey Team and I sometimes hang out during their practices. I'm pretty good acquaintances with his teammates, especially Connie. It's probably because she's like the only female friend I have that's actually not fake. 

Anyways getting back on track, I calmed myself before stepping on the ice confidently and waving to the crowd. I quickly get into position. The music starts and I do my routine. 

Here comes my triple axel...

I landed it! You could probably see my excitement coming off me. 

I finished my routine and the audience throws flowers, teddy-bears, etc. I pick up a peony. It's my favorite! What? Stop judging me. I quickly waved and exited the ice. I look back at Les and turned around to contin- 

Wait, is that? It's Connie and Guy in the stands? With Charlie? How did I not notice before? I think they noticed my shocked reaction because Les is making a comment to the three with all of them rolling their eyes. 

I quickly turn and sit on bench, waiting for the results. 

YFSCP IS PROUD TO PRESENT KATILYN THOMAS FOR BRONZE! Okay, I still have a chance for silver or gold... YFSCP IS PROUD TO PRESENT LIVANNE MILLS FOR SILVER! Okay, okay... either you can get gold or not place at all. Not a big deal, right? YFSCP IS PROUD TO PRESENT CELESTE NGUYEN FOR GOLD!!! 

OH MY GOD! I GOT GOLD! I PLACED! 

I confidently skate out and do a tiny bit of my routine before standing on the platform and accepting my medal. I can see Lester shouting how proud he is of me and Connie and Guy clapping for me. I get on the bench and wait for the other awards to be presented. The crowd starts to leave after the award ceremony is done. I start untying my skates and as I'm doing that, the three comes up. 

Connie runs up to me and says "Congratulations!" She gives me a bouquet of flowers and hugs me.

"Thank you so much, Con!"

"It's no problem!" She says excitedly and then mumbles "It won't compared to the surprise later..." 

"Huh? What did you say?"

Connie quickly shakes her head and says "never mind." 

Lester quickly tackles her in a hug and says "I'm so proud of you and that jump?! Amazing! Perfect for the Ice Princess!" 

"Thank you Les! But, you didn't tell me that Connie and Guy were gonna come?" Celeste says with a stern look. 

WE INTERUPTING YOUR READING WITH A STATEMENT FROM ANNIE BENEDICT

Did I forgot to mention that their nicknames for each other is Les? ...Oops... Sorry...

INTERUPTION OVER

Les starts looking around the place, avoiding her eyes. "It was meant to be a surprise..." He says shyly. 

"Okay, anyways! We need to head to hockey practice." Guy said.

"Yes definitely, we can't be late or Charlie, the big man, would have our heads." Lester says

(Back to Annie Benedict's story-telling)

As Celeste's picking up her bag, the four start to head to Lester's house. The three stopped at Lester's house beforehand to drop off their hockey gear. They made conversation on the way there, 'cause who likes walking in silence? Definitely not these four. 

"I'm going to change out this costume. Les, do you still have my drawer?" 

"Yeah, whatever you don't have, you can just borrow it from my closet."

"kk." Celeste goes up to Lester's room and get some clothes to change into. 

Connie says "You guys are so cute! I ship Celester!"

"Connie, we're just best friends. We're like brother and sister, always have and will be."

"Hey man, I agree. You guys act like a couple." Guy states. 

Celeste walks down the stairs in a new outfit. "Hey guys, what are we talking about?"

 "Hey guys, what are we talking about?"

(in the bag is her figure skates)

"Nothing. Anyways, you need a jacket over that, it's winter in Minnesota." Lester says.

"I know, I brought your hoodie to wear with it." Celeste said, thinking nothing out of it. 

Connie says "See what I mean?"

"Mean what?"

"She thinks we should date." Averman says monotone and making eye contact with Celeste and they immediately burst into laughter.

"That's funny!"

"Joke of the year, actually the century!" 

"Okay, let's stop laughing and get on with it." Guy says.

"Connie, can you please go get it?" Lester says and Connie goes to get whatever he said to get. "So... Me, Guy, and Connie pitched in to make this surprise for you." Connie comes back with a pair of old hockey skates. "It's Guy's old skates that he grew out and we tried to make it look new. It's to celebrate your win."

"Thanks guys. You don't know how much this means to me. I can finally skate with you guys!" Celeste excitedly says. Celeste quickly puts it in her bag and get a bottle of water too. Averman, Guy, and  Connie gets their hockey gear and the four leaves the house, about to start walking to the rink. 

What Celeste didn't know is that, this practice is about to change her life, along with the District 5 Hockey Team...

A/n: hey guys! I'm out with a new chapter and I'm kind of figuring out what else I should put into the book. Maybe you guys can give me some ideas. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's kind of longer than I expected.

Until next time, signing off Annie Win...