You will forever be a part of me

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Look, I-It was an a-accident, I-I-I didn't wanna pry on the Emperor or something, but I-" you tried to justify yourself as your voice became more cracked with each word.

"I-I discovered the truth about the day of unity...I-I got caught up a-and.... w-well, you know the rest." you bite your bottom lip to stop it from trembling, as you looked at him with watery eyes.

In Hunter's view you looked so fragile, as if you were made out of crystal, as if with a single touch you could shatter into a million pieces.

He slowly reached out to you and pulled you in for an embrace.

Once your face settled on his chest, all the overwhelming emotions inside you poured out.

He was astonished by the painful reveal; flashbacks of the emperor aroused his mind, about how Belos went rampage from his curse or the monstrosity that lived on his mind, how scared he felt...

He wondered how horrible were your last moments alive, all the fear... all the pain.. you went through all alone.

With no one by your side.

No one to protect you.

No one to save you.

Without him to save you.

In Belos' mindscape he had Luz but you... you had nothing.

He stroked your hair as you kept sobbing in his chest. Guilt consuming his being, as he searched for a solution. A magic spell. A potion. Anything! to bring you back.

The hand on your hair started to tremble uncontrollably. Titan, how much he wished he'd been there with you.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" he silently muttered, holding you tightly.

You stopped crying.

"I left you all alone with- with that thing, I left you to die on your own!" he cried.

"Hunter-" you said.

"I failed you (Y/N), as your friend, as your colleague, as your...." you looked into each other's eyes.

He cupped your cheek with his hand.

"...partner" he finished, his ears and cheeks turning a shade of red. Your chest tightened and your face flushed.

Before he could pull back his hand you hold it in its place on your cheek.

"Don't blame yourself for things you couldn't control" you uttered.

"No..no, no, no, NO! IF ONLY I HAD ARRIVED AT THE CASTLE A FEW MINUTES EARLIER, MAYBE YOU WOULD'VE BEEN ALIVE" he started hypertilating.

"IF I HADN'T TAKEN THAT STUPID 10 MINUTES BREAK WITH THE SCOUTS, Y-"

"Could you stop being so STUBBORN FOR ONE FREAKING MINUTE?!?!" you shouted.

"SAYING THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, ARE YOU STUPID?!?!? YOU HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT IN THE FIRST PLACE! MY DEAD DOESN'T CONCERN YOU, IT WAS MY FAULT-" you shouted at the top of your lungs, voice cracking in the process.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! IT WAS NOT! IT WAS BELOS FAULT DAMMIT! BUT! BUT MAYBE IF I HAD ARRIVED EARLIER..YOU...you wouldn't..." he started crying again.

You both cried in silence for a few moments. You broke the silence.

"I... I know its hard accepting it, all these months, while I was trapped inside my mind.. and Belos controlled my body, I pondered about this, and... and it wasn't easy accepting it, besides all the confusion and grief, my only regret is that I abandoned y-" Hunter grabbed your shoulders.