Halloween at Hogwarts

"I don't understand why your parents threw your birthday party a week early, I mean isn't it bad luck for a person to celebrate ageing before they officially do?" Mary questioned Lyra as they walked side by side to Hogsmeade on a Saturday afternoon, on October 31st.

"Thank you for the technical birthday wishes, but bad luck already follows me everywhere I go, so I don't think this is changing much," Lyra responded, not as excited about the fact that today was her official birthday, since the feeling wore off last week when she had her ball,during the half term.

In complete honesty, she was more excited about getting drunk at her first actual halloween party, especially since she knew the Gryffindors did it best.

"Right, you talk, cause I might piss myself," Mary whispered before stepping into the liquor shop.

Lyra simply nodded, still trying to process why they trusted her to get drinks out of everyone else, anyone else ,who could probably pass for an eighteen year old much better then her.

She walked up to the counter, catching the eyes of the handsome clerk as she started to speak,"can I have three bottles of fire whiskey, a bottle of Dragon barrel brandy and a six pack of beer," she told, nonchalantly pointing to all the drinks locked behind the counter.

Due to the fact that Hogsmeade was in the territory of a school, everything with even smallest percentage of alcohol was to be behind the counter.

"Right, do you have any form of identification, we need to ensure that you're at least eighteen before serving you," he spoke.

Black rolled her eyes,"I'm a pureblood," she said, trying to hint that pureblood wizards do not carry identification.

The store clerk shrugged his shoulders,"I'm going to need to see something before serving you."

"I'm eighteen, my birthday is 15th of January, 1957, I'm a Capricorn, my Chinese zodiac is a rat, now could I just pay?" She rambled.

"Alright," the clerk chuckled, placing all she asked for in two plastic bags and handing it to her.

"Thank you," she sighed.

"And it's rooster by the way," he said.

"What?"

"Your Chinese zodiac, it's a rooster," he explained.

"Oh, oh yeah, sorry," she chuckled, turning to Mary,"come on McDonald, we're late."
~~~
"You ready?" Marlene asked the group of girls, all dressed in their matching costumes.

Mary, Lilly and Dorcas as angels, while Marlene and Lyra dressed as devils.

"You kidding? I'm already drunk, celebrating Lyra's birth and stuff ,let's go," Dorcas giggled, leading them down the stairs.

The other girls followed, Lyra instantly taken aback by the flashing lights and blasting music, smoke filling the room as people surrounded the table of drinks, people singing and dancing all dressed in their costumes. She'd been to Gryffindor parties before, but none as good as this.

"Happy birthday Lyra!" Cheered out almost the entire quidditch team, who were surrounding James Potter.

"Thank you!" She shouted back, a large smile etched on her face, she made her way toward the centre of the common room, when she met the eyes of Remus Lupin, looking down at her with a smirk.

His costume by the far the best she'd seen, a painted skull face, a black suit, with Sirius' rings and chains layered on him, and of course a cigarette in his hand.

"You like the necklace,huh?" He asked, looking down at the necklace he brought Lyra, dangling on her neck.

"I love it, Im sorry I couldn't write you, every letter coming in and out gets monitored," she responded, speaking in his ear as he leaned down to hear her through the music.

"Its alright darling," he spoke, being cut off by their friends running up to them.

"Come on, we need a group picture before Sirius makes his speech," Lilly exclaimed.

"Sirius is doing a speech?" Remus and Lyra asked in unison.

"When does he not?" Peter laughed.

The Marauders and all of their girls stood in a less crowded area of the common room, trying to pose as James handed a random Hufflepuff his camera to take a picture of them.

Peter stood between Lilly and Dorcas in his Joker costume, behind Lilly was James hugging her waist from the back in his Superman costume.

Sirius rested his arm on Dorcas' shoulder in his rendition of a Freddie Mercury costume, wearing his iconic white outfit, beside Marlene, who rested her head on Mary's shoulder, who was in front of them.

Lyra joined arms with Sirius, while Remus placed his hand around her waist, the whole group smiling and laughing as the Hufflepuff took multiple photos.

Remus took the camera, thanking the boy for taking photos, not noticing that Sirius had already stood on the coffee table.

"Everybody! Gather, I have a speech to make," Sirius spoke, slurring his words, already obviously intoxicated.

"First of all," he began,"I would like to say Happy Halloween," cheers and clapping erupted around the room at his words,"don't clap yet! I would also like to wish happy birthday to my favourite cousin, Lyra," the room burst out in cheers again.

"Where is Lyra?" Sirius shouted.

"I'm right here," she laughed, standing closest to the coffee table.

"Now, as most of you must know, today, this special day, halloween, Lyra's birthday, Queen has released a new single, of course I already know all the lyrics. So, Peter, play Bohemian Rhapsody!"

The common room filled with music once again as those who'd listened the song sang along, especially Sirius, who was singing into his bottle of fire whiskey.

A hand she recognised just by the touch grabbed Lyra, pulling her up towards the stairs.

Remus stayed silent till they reached his dorm, Lyra's voice being the only to be heard,"Remus, what's going on, if you wanted to make out you should've just said that," she laughed.

"Shhh," he chuckled, placing his finger over her lips as he pulled her into his dorm, shutting the door behind them before instantly pulling her into a kiss.

She kissed him back without hesitation, the alcohol in her body giving her enough confidence to grab him by his shirt, pulling him closer to her as she backed up against the door.

"That's not actually what I brought you here for," he spoke as he pulled away,"I wanted to show you something."

"Okay, go ahead," she said, placing the camera on his nightstand.

"Yeah, yeah, okay," Remus stammered, as he grabbed his notebook, handing it to her.

She opened it,"jeez I thought I'd never get to see what's inside thi-" she paused as she was met with the sight of all the drawings he'd made of her.

"You were going to find out sooner or later, so I thought I might as well show you," he spoke.

"Can I have this one?" She asked, pointing to a drawing of the both of them, sitting the position they would while studying.

He nodded,"you like them?"

"I love them."

They left the dorm room walking out into the hallway, both letting out gasps when they saw Dorcas and Marlene making out, quite passionately to say the least.

"Marlene?" Lyra asked.

"Dorcas?" Followed Remus.

"Shit sorry, we were coming to get you and we got... distracted," Marlene explained.

"Uh huh, distracted," Lyra smirked, crossing her arms as her and Remus exchanged knowing looks.

"Lyra you have a little white face paint on your cheek," Dorcas deflected.

Lyra wiped her face,"you don't say anything, and we don't say anything."

"Deal."