Potions class is painful

Lyra sat in front of her mirror, touching up her makeup after Yemaya had left. She didn't know why she was so nervous or why felt the need to look good for a study session, it wasn't like she was going to see anyone special.

She let out her hair, rummaging through her closet and pulling out a pair of high-waited jeans which hugged her curves and a white tank-top.

After a final look in the mirror, she grabbed her bag full of books and parchment and left her dorm.

Once Lyra had arrived to the Gryffindor tower, she hesitated for a moment, remembering that she'd forgotten to ask Remus for the common room password. She waited for a moment, thinking about what it may before she saw Lupin himself walking towards her.

"You forgot to ask for the password," he said.

"Yeah, yeah I've realised that. Can we just go in?" She asked.

He opened the doors and let her enter first, taking a moment to watch her, taking notice of her black hair, her full lips and the way her outfit complimented her so well before he spoke.

"Scared someone's gonna see you?"

"Oh please, like anyone could assume anything happening between us," she spoke as they made their way up to his dorm.

"Fair," Remus nodded.
~~~
Lyra had noticed that the Gryffindor common room felt much more like a home then the Slytherin one did, the walls covered in paintings and hues of orange and red. It had a comforting atmosphere.

Remus' dormitory walls were covered in Muggle band posters and random items each boy living there had left laying around the place, including what she could only believe was Sirius' copious amount of hair products.

"So which mandatory practical do you want to go through first? Amortentia is probably the easiest-" Remus was cut off by the sound of Lyra groaning.

It had been no more then thirty minutes since they'd started studying and she was already contemplating pitching herself off of Gryffindor tower.

Lyra was sat across him on the floor between the four beds in the dorm room, her back against his bed and a book she could not remember the title of placed on her lap.

"I know the method and I can remember all the ingredients, I'm bored."

"Fuck off, you can?"Remus asked, not hiding his surprise.

"Yes I can," she leaned forward," ashwinder eggs, rose thorns, peppermint, powdered moonstone, pearl dust and rose petals."

His lips were slightly parted and his eyes no longer gazed into hers but instead slightly south of that direction.

"Remus," she whispered, knocking him out of the trance he'd fell into upon staring straight into her cleavage.

"Mhm," he instantly responded, looking back into her eyes,"yeah but still, you need to know the exact method and the details for the written part of the exam."

"I do, I'm just not exactly bothered with potions," she shrugged.

"And why's that? I always assumed you know, with parents like yours, and don't take any offence to this I know how defensive children of your family can get about your parents, but I just thought that you'd be more of a perfectionist."

Lyra knew she could excel at every subject if she put any effort in, and that the reason she hadn't been was because she needed a distraction for the impending and unavoidable fact that she'd be recruited as a death eater in a couple years, and studying didn't give her that distraction. She also knew that being at school was a relief from her horrible home life, so in a way she'd always viewed it as a vacation from reality and responsibilities.

But of course she was not going to say that.

"I don't know, I guess I'm just more into divination and astronomy," Lyra responded with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Lyra," Remus spoke, making her shiver at just the sound of him saying her name,"that's a constellation right?"

He was so effortlessly attractive, it annoyed her.

"Oh like you didn't know, I bet Sirius goes on about all this," she said, not realising how she was slightly mimicking her cousins voice,"especially cause he's obsessed with the fact that he is named after the biggest and brightest star."

"True, but he has been much more occupied recently with eyeliner, women and being a cunt to Severus Snape, so not so much with the bragging anymore." Remus chuckled.

Lyra smiled to herself at the mention of her cousin, reminiscing all their childhood memories, it was bittersweet, considering how close they were and how easy it was to loose him.

"You okay?" Lupin asked.

"Mhm, yeah," Lyra paused for a moment,"Severus really?"

"Yes,Severus," he laughed.

"I thought him and James had grown out of their little feud with Snape," Lyra laughed.

"They can't, when it's always Snape starting shit. Also, didn't you reach over a desk and pull out a chunk of Snape's hair in third year?"

"Yes, yes I did and I'd honestly love to say I'm not proud of it, but I am," she responded,"how'd you know that anyway?"

Remus moved closer to her," you were kind of a celebrity with the Gryffindor's for doing that, Sirius bragged about how hard his big cousin is to everyone."

Lyra covered her face with her hands, giggling through her words,"I didn't even think anyone would remember that."

"No shit, of course I remember that, I know you and Sirius can't talk to each other or whatever but he speaks about you," he started,"Why'd you do it anyway?"

"Why'd I do what?"

"Give Snape a scalp massage gone wrong, what else?"

"Oh, I heard him say something about Sirius, how he's a blood traitor, I didn't feel the need to say anything though, ripping his hair out worked better since he's obviously so arrogant."

Remus stared at her with almost a look of pride, opening his mouth to speak as the door opened, three boys barging through it.

"Oi, Moony I need your opinion on this," James potter started before instantly pausing when he saw Lyra Black sitting on his dorm room floor.

The two other boys crashed into him.

"Why'd you stop walking, idiot," Sirius said, before noticing Lyra himself," Lyra."

"Hi, Sirius."