eight

there was a knock on the door and i took a deep breath before opening it. i thought i was ready for this, but now that it was happening, i wasn't so sure. i opened the door to see emery, marison and marshall standing there.

"hey guys, come on in", i said, stepping to the side to let them in. they all came in and hugged me as they did.

"so, where's scout?", marshall asked.

"is that the only reason you came? to see my dog?", i asked.

"not necessarily. only partly"

i laughed and called scout over to me and she came running. i picked her up and carefully handed her to marshall. he held her close to him and she licked his arm.  marshall smiled and ran his hand over her back, petting her. she obviously enjoyed it. her tongue was hanging out of her moth and she was panting happily. garrett walked out of the bedroom and into the living room where we all were and sat next to me.

"okay, so garrett said y'all had something to tell us", marison began, "and i'm getting tired of waiting"

"yeah, what is it?", emery asked.

i looked at garrett and he nodded. it was time.

"okay, so we invited you all here today because, we have a big announcement", garrett began.

"and?!", marshall prompted.

"well...", garrett sighed and reached behind him, pulling out three small boxes. he handed each one to our friends. "you can open them one three. 1, 2, 3"

they all opened their box and their reactions were priceless. emery's mouth fell open, marison dropped the box, and marshall nearly fell off the couch.

"what the fuck?", marshall said after a second, finally realizing what was in the box.

"are you serious?!", marison asked, a smile already growing in her face. i nodded and she pulled me into a hug, emery joining and then marshall a second later.

i could already, these next nine months were going to be crazy.