sixteen | The Massacre at Hawkins Lab

SULIT | XVI.
"I LOVE YOU"
(' ROBIN'S GREATEST FEARS ')

"I LOVE YOU"(' ROBIN'S GREATEST FEARS ')

***

DANIELLE LOOKS AROUND THE GREY AND STORMY Upside Down and despite what she knew, she couldn't believe what she was seeing. She hears movement behind her and is startled when she sees Nancy, Robin, and Eddie standing there.

"What are you guys doing here?" she asks.

"Helping," Nancy states, "Now where's Steve?"

Danielle looks back at the open space before spotting flying creatures that all seemed to swoop down on one area. She points her finger, "There."

They all rush over to see that the flying Demogorgons were attacking Steve. Nancy and Robin begin swinging at them with oars and Danielle has no idea where they got the oars from, but they were going to work as they cleared them off of Steve.

One came down on Danielle's back and she started screaming, "Get it off!"

"Stand still," Eddie tells her as he whacks the Demogorgon off of Danielle's back.

"Nancy!" Robin yells as she holds one down and Nancy comes over hitting it with the oar. Steve holds the tail of one before smashing it to the ground and soon all of the little monsters are gone.

"Jesus H. Christ!" Eddie yells as he throws down his oar.

"Are you okay?" Nancy asks as she goes over to check on Steve. Danielle looks on as well to see that he was bleeding pretty badly.

"They took about a pound of flesh but other than that I'm good," Steve states.

Danielle reaches into her shirt and takes out the Walkman, putting it around her neck in fear.

"Uh, do you guys think these bats have like rabies?" Robin asks.

"What?" Steve and Nancy ask in unison.

"It's just that rabies are like my number one greatest fear. And I think we should get you to a doctor soon because once the symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already dead," Robin rambles.

"Hey," Danielle says as she places her hand on Robin's cheeks, "You're scared and nervous and you're doing that thing where you say things that aren't helping the situation."

"Right," Robin says as she nods her head, "Right."

Thunder sounds and they all look over as more of the flying bat Demogorgon things make their way toward them, but they don't attack them. They stop at the gate that they just came through.

"All right, there's not that many," Steve says.

"We can take em, right?" Nancy asks as she looks at them.