fifteen | The Dive

Start from the beginning

"You need to forgive Robin," Max orders, "Get back together with her or whatever because she loves you and the only reason she didn't tell you is because I told her to distract you."

"I kissed Nancy."

Max stares at her before shoving Danielle's shoulder firmly, "Why the hell would you do that? She's been freaking out about Nancy and then you go and do that! You suck!"

"I heard the clock! I – I heard the clock and I freaked out so I kissed Nancy," Danielle says, "The chiming stopped when I kissed her."

Max's eyes narrow, "Is that the only reason you kissed Nancy?"

"Yes," Danielle says, "I don't have feelings for her and she's with Jonathan. Nancy is just my friend. Best friend."

"She better be," Max tells her, "Because I like Robin. I like her for you. She's sweet and goofy and you need sweet and goofy."

"I love her," Danielle says, "But I can't love her right now and I can't love her after what she did."

"But you can kiss Nancy?" Max asks, "Okay."

Danielle rolls her eyes, "It's not like that."

"Danielle when we moved here you were all over Nancy and one may think that you were trying to get close to Steve or be popular, but you liked her. You really liked her. And I think she liked you back."

Danielle shakes her head, possibly in denial, "She doesn't like me back and I only kissed her because I was trying to stay grounded. I love Robin, I'm just extremely pissed off at her right now and I'm being possessed by Vecna so now's a really good time for a breakup."

"That's what I thought," Max says.

"Excuse me if I'm not taking advice from my fifteen-year-old sister who's been in an on and off-again relationship," Danielle retorts.

Max shrugs, "I have more dating experience than you."

"And I've kissed more people than you," Danielle says, "So shut up. And if it weren't for you getting cursed I wouldn't be a virgin anymore."

"You being a virgin is certainly not my fault," Max responds with a snort.

Danielle rolls her eyes, "I hope when you make romantic plans someday that something horrible happens."

"I don't think I'll be making romantic plans anytime soon," Max tells her, "But you were. With Robin. Who loves you and who you love."

"We need to get to Eddie," Danielle says as she grabs her keys and heads toward the door. Max follows after her.

"You know I'm right."

"Shut up," Danielle orders.

At the Wheeler home, Nancy was sorting through her closet while Angela sat on her bed, eyes dancing around the room.

"So, um have you talked to Jonathan lately?" Angela asks.

"Jonathan?" Nancy asks as she pokes her head out of the closet, "Why?"

Angela shrugs, "I don't know. Maybe because he's your boyfriend."

"I mean things have been kind of hectic, so I haven't really talked to him," Nancy says as she goes back to sorting through her clothes.

"Right," Angela says nodding her head, "Right."

Nancy pauses and abandons her closet as she looks over at Angela, "What, did he call you or something?"

"Jonathan? Call me? No that's not happening," Angela says, "I just mean that you and Dani are freakishly close and then you made that comment about being her girlfriend and when we were looking at that magazine, your face was extremely red. And I get I was into it too, but you were really into it Nance."