Dear Mike, Planes.

October 15th, 1985 

Dear Mike,  

i am writing this just after we landed. we are at the airport waiting for our second plane. i miss you. The ariport is awful, it is so crowded and smells so bad. And Joyce tripped on the way up stairs so now Will , Johnathan and I have to carry everything of hers. I'm making them do most of the carrying so its fine by me.

Before we start sending eachother letters often I want to aplogize for the mistakes I make. You know i am not very good at english. I hope this is good enough for you. I'm trying.

Flying was scary and I know if you were here it wouldn't be as scary. I feel like I'm slowly breaking without you.

Joyce said it's a shorter flight this time. Good, I have decided I really do not like flying. Do you like flying? I wish you were here so i could ask you. I bet you don't like it. We're so similar it just makes sense you to wouldn't like planes. If you do like flying, I'm glad. It'll be easier for you to visit. Maybe you can teach me how not to be so scared of planes. 

I just wish I was back in Hawkins with everybody but most importantly back with you. Right now we would probably be at my house watching tv, or kissing in my room. I miss your  kisses. I miss your everything. 

Will says it's annoying how much 'mopping' I am doing. I do not know what that word means. I'm a little scared to ask. I always feel stupid for having to ask what something means. If you or max were here it would be alot easier. I like Will, I do. He is very nice to me. But he's not you. 

it has only been a few hours since we last saw each other. It feels like years. The time we spend apart is always so long. do you agree?  

I really hope this is how you write a letter, i have no clue what I'm doing. 

We have to get on another plane now. Goodbye. hopefully we can talk soon with that big walkie talkie thingy Dustin made.  i miss your voice so much. 

p.s. before we start sending eachother letters often I want to aplogize for the mistakes I make. You know i am not very good at english. I hope this is good enough for you. I'm trying.

counting down the days till i see you again. 

Love,  El

(A/N I just wanted to pop in here and say the changes from captlized 'I 'and lowercase 'i's are intentional and to show she still makes mistakes writing! Ty for reading)