Neoma's First Friend

Comenzar desde el principio

"Honey?" Clint called out. "I'm home."

A lady came into the kitchen we were standing in.

She dressed differently, too. Rather than the fancy suits, blouses, and dresses I'd seen, her clothes looked more comfy and loose.

"Hi," Clint greeted.

She looked confused. The materials in her hand were put down.

"Company. Sorry, didn't call ahead," Clint approached.

The lady met him halfway, greeting him with a quick kiss on the lips.

"This is an agent of some kind," my dad said, clearly in denial of Clint having a woman.

"Gentlemen, this is Laura," Clint turned to us.

The lady waved. "I know all your names," she chuckled.

I light up slightly. "Even me?" I asked with awe in my eyes.

She lightly giggled and nodded. "Y/N, right?"

It was the first time anyone outside the tower knew who I was, and I loved it.

Heavy footsteps echoed down the hall. "Ooh, incoming," Clint took his arm off his wife and knelt as two small beings came running in.

"Dad!" The smaller one hugged him.

I jumped back into my dad in surprise.

"Hi, sweetheart! Hey, buddy!" Clint lifted the little one and hugged the other one.

"Dad, those are tiny people," I whispered, reaching back to hit his chest.

"These are... Smaller agents," he coughed.

Children. Other than myself, I've never seen another child before. Let alone two of different ages.

All of this was a lot to take in.

How much else was I missing?

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" The little girl asked as she was put down.

Nat's attention was called, and she smiled, "Why don't you hug her and find out?"

The little girl ran into her arms, lifted once again as Nat carried her away.

"Sorry for barging in on you," Steve spoke.

"Yeah, we would've called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed," my dad commented.

"Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined," Clint explained. "He kept it off S.H.I.E.L.D.'s files. I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lie low."

Thor's foot collided with something, shattering it into bits. It looked like a toy house made of colourful bricks.

"How come I never had any toys?" I asked, looking up at my dad, who met my gaze and shook his head.

"You have Pompom," he said.

"You mean the first and only toy you bought me in my entire life?" I deadpanned.

"What about the Stark bots?" He shrugged.

Banner laughed at that. "Those weren't toys, Tony. You gave your eleven-year-old daughter high-tech nanobots that could only do one thing," he chimed in.

I laughed with him. "Yeah, Dad. Tiny robots that teach me the periodic table every day until I could recite every element, it's atomic weight and number, and electron configuration is not a damn toy."

"Don't say 'Damn.' And you made sure it was a toy by fiddling around with the remote until it could make the bots take the shape of a sword," my dad countered.