The orignal 13 poly

A/N: requested by Emilygomse. Sorry it's short and rushed wrote this right before bed
————————————————————————————

13. 13 was always seen as an unlucky number. For most people it might be but for New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. it was not. It was their favorite number, their lucky number. This was because the thirteen of them loved each other very much. They didn't care what others thought. They would hear people whisper about the amount of people in the relationship but they didn't care. They enjoyed being with each other.
     They had all been watching a movie in the living room New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island had occupied the couch as Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware laid on an air mattress on the ground. Maryland and Virginia took up the love seat and the rest sat on the floor in front of the couch. They all just relaxed with each other enjoying the time they had. Maryland sat up and looked at the others "we should go out tonight we haven't been out in a while." He said the others smiled and nods seeing how excited Mary was they couldn't help but agree.
     Couple hours after the movie ended they all were dressed for their night out. Most of them were wearing jeans and a nice shirt, some were wearing leather jackets. They all go out as they hold hands with each other, some of them having three in a group. They hear people whisper but pay no mind as they head into a club.
      Once they got in Mary was pulling everyone to the dance floor wanting to dance. They all smile as they danced with each other, switching dancing partners a lot. They have a great time until some stranger comes up and tries to dance with Mary. Mary tries to back away but the man grabs his wrist and pulls him close.
     "Hey sexy why don't you dance with me" he said drunkily as Mary tries to push him away
     "Let go of me now. I don't wanna dance with you" Mary said as the man refused to let go. Rhode island was the first to notice making his way to them
      "Hey! Let go of him" he said trying to get the man to back off.
      "Oh yeah and what if I don't short stuff" the man commented Rhode Island stood their his arms crossed as the others come of behind him and stare down the man Massachusetts speaks up next.
     "Let go of our boyfriend before we show you what" he said but the man didn't listen as New York New Jersey and Massachusetts pull him off and start to beat him up. The others crowd around Maryland.
     "Love are you alright"
     "Did he hurt you"
     "Do I need to kill him"
      Mary had been shaking a little nervous about what had happened if scared him and the others could see that it did. They wrap him in a big group hug holding him comfortably against the closest chest they could
      "Don't sorry you're safe"
       "We will protect you"
As more comforting words are said the York jersey and mass walk back and see them. "Let's head home" they said as they walked with Maryland in the middle. They talked and laughed as they made their way home.
        They smiled they didn't care what it would take they would protect each other all the time.