Chapter 5: How To Be Heartless and Car-less

Start from the beginning

Hanna stared at me, shocked. I continued.

"Do you think any single person could ever love you after you killed all the people you did? I don't think so. I know so. The thing is Hanna, you can't live with that, but I can," I growled. "We don't have time for this. We are leaving or I'll drag you out myself."

Hanna stumbled back and looked away from quickly, like I had hit her.

"Well good thing we didn't unpack," Aria sighed from the corner. I gave her a look that meant get your ass back into your bedroom and come back out with your stuff in five minutes.

Aria rolled her eyes but nodded. Hanna and Emily followed while Spencer and I walked back to our room.

As soon as we entered, I walked to the other side of the room where the closet was located and pulled out two large suit cases, passing them along to Spencer who pushed them out of the room. I picked up the car keys from the dresser and made my way out.

Luckily, the girls seemed to understand timing and were already outside with their bags.

"Aria," I called, she swivelled around to face me. "We need a new place to stay around here in an hour."

Aria, the one who formed the lies nodded.

I guess that's when we headed out.

Out of the room.

Out the hall.

Out of the motel using a back laundry room door that was closer to the car park.

"I'm driving," I announced as I spotted the black van we had parked closer to the compound for quick getaways like today.

Surprisingly, Hanna didn't complain about me driving. Hanna was all about quiet now that I had shouted at her.

The tension was solidly tangible. I could reach my hand out and grapple it if I wanted to. But the only thing I wanted to grapple was safety, and that was getting out of here.

I opened the door of the van and swung into the drivers seat. The van jostled as the girls jumped in after me after shoving the luggage in the back.

Spencer snuggled herself down in the passenger seat and pulled out her laptop. "I'm erasing all the data that states we were at this hotel," Spencer said.

I nodded approvingly, but I knew that it was too late. It was Caleb after all. He would've figured out everything by now.

I swerved the car out of the car park and onto the main road.

"Aria, where are we headed?" I said after 30 minutes of continuous driving.

"The Spearheart motel is a couple miles away, we could go there?" She said.