047b - A Lesson on Closure Part 2

Start from the beginning

He looked like he was in a daze, gazing at her like she just descended from the moon, skin sparkling like the stars were embedded in it.

Either they didn't know I was in the ward, watching them, or they decided to intentionally ignore my presence, I don't know, but either way, I didn't like what I was watching. I don't like the fact that this junior was ogling Adela unashamedly. And if I could see it from a mile away, Adela could obviously see it just a few feet away from him, but she didn't act on it.

I tried to fight the frown from appearing on my face but failed. My forehead creased so hard, that my head started hurting at the compression.

The boy looked nothing more than sixteen years old, and I was certain Adela was nothing less than seventeen. Either way, she was way out of his league, so how dare he ogle his senior like that? Better question, why was Adela letting him ogle like that?

No. Better question, My subconscious began. Why are you getting so worked up?

I just don't like when these junior boys think they have made it and start scoping their seniors. It's the height of disrespect for me.

"Ahem," I cleared my throat before I could stop myself, the hoarse sound coming out a lot louder and exaggerated than I intended and I cringed at how I sounded like a tuberculosis patient.

But it did the trick because the both of them turned in my direction, noticing me for the first time. I could feel the boy's eyes on me, but he wasn't the reason I was here so I didn't spare him a glance. My eyes, however, were on Adela, just like hers were on me.

I gulped involuntarily

Now it made perfect sense why the junior boy wouldn't stop staring at her earlier. Her face was bare and void of make-up, except for her signature nose ring which always seemed to accentuate the effortless beauty that Adela probably didn't know she possess.

But this wasn't about her Beauty. It was about her Eyes. There was something absolutely enchanting and beguiling about the way Adela looked at a person. Or at me

I mean, I have known this before. Her piercing gaze has always had me weak to the knees, but mostly in fear... not like this. Never like this.

This felt different. I wasn't sure if it was good, but I was certain it wasn't bad.

Mustering a small smile, I raised my hand in a small wave.

"Hi," I muttered awkwardly.

Adela didn't respond, pausing her lips together as she looked away from me so dismissively that my hand dropped and my heart fell into the pit of my stomach. The smile on my face wiped off, replaced with a deeper frown than the last when I watched her flash the junior a big, contagious grin that made him smile right back at her.

She has never given me such a big smile before. I thought to myself, my lips forming in a pout.

Begrudgingly, I settled on one of the beds by the window that overlooked the garden, still watching both of them.

"Let me get a bandage to wrap this up," She told the boy. "Then you can go back to class, okay?"

"Okay, Senior Dela," He nodded his head vigorously in response.

Senior Dela? I grimaced, even more, the nickname causing me to cringe.

Of course, Adela didn't notice this... or she didn't want to notice it. She just beamed, getting up from her crouched position to go to the row of drawers where all the medical supplies and tools were kept. It was when she stood right that noticed what she was wearing.