nine

"Miguel Diaz is moving into the finals

"Miguel Diaz is moving into the finals. Next up, Hawk verses Keene." The announcer exclaimed.

The moment of truth had arrived for Robby and Hawk as they prepared to face off. Odette felt a mix of nerves and anticipation as she watched her new friend and former friend square off.

Odette, Amanda and Anthony cheered enthusiastically as Robby took his place on the mat, while Daniel observed the match with keen interest.

Amanda let out a sigh. "Oh, come on. You're not gonna cheer for your own student?"

"No, he's not my student." Daniel corrected, frowning slightly. "All right, I... Amanda, I can't. The kid lied to me."

"So, he lied. So what? He's a kid who obviously wasn't in it with Johnny or he wouldn't be fighting his students."

Hawk dramatically jumped onto the mats while Robby was already standing there.

"Prepare to face the fury of the Hawk." Eli challenged with a smirk.

The two teenagers bowed to the referee, before turning to each other and doing the same.

"Fighting positions! Ready.... and fight!" The referee shouted.

Robby attempted to kick Hawk first, but Hawk blocked it with his arm as he stepped back slightly, evading Robby's foot. Soon after, Hawk wrapped an arm around Robby's torso, threw him to the ground, and punched him in the stomach.

Odette nervously fidgeted with her hands, a habit she displayed when feeling anxious, as Robby and Hawk resumed their initial stances.

"He's not focused." Daniel muttered before rising to his feet and cupping his hands around his mouth. "Remember what you learned, Robby!"

Robby looked at Daniel, surprised. Then, his eyes shifted to Odette, who gave him a small nod. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, recalling his karate training with Daniel.

"Okay, fighting positions. Ready? And fight!" The referee shouted.

Hawk seized the moment, delivering the first kick. Robby deftly deflected his leg, causing Hawk to stumble to the side. Robby then pushed him away. The two fighters squared off, and Hawk attempted another kick, which Robby blocked.

Robby scored a point by kicking Hawk in the face, sending him crashing down onto the mat.

"There you go, Robby." Daniel cheered happily.

"Go, Robby!" Odette cheered excitedly.

"One point, Keene." The referee announced.

There was one final fight to determine the winner, with tension running high between Robby and Hawk. The two teens exchanged words before Robby turned and took his place on his side of the mat.

Odette's eyes widened as Hawk shoved the referee aside and delivered a kick to Robby's shoulder, causing him to crumple to the ground.

"What the heck is that?!" Odette exclaimed, shocked and outraged by Hawk's actions.