Chapter 2

Part 2: I gently push myself to my feet, trying to cry silently, to not disturb the boy. Once standing, I turn to face the tombstone. I stare at it, reading over the inscription for the thousandth time. I bow my head, unable to stare at Ben's name on the stone any longer. "I love you." I whisper, pressing the tips of my fingers to my lips before placing my fingers back onto the stone. I reluctantly turn away and start to walk back towards the path that leads to the parking lot, my vision blurred by the tears building in my eyes. I feel the pain of losing him in everything I do. Everywhere I go something seems to remind of Ben and it is slowly killing me. I don't know how I can carry on without him. I close my eyes against my thoughts and my tears, not paying attention to where I'm walking. I'm falling before I even realized that I tripped. I throw my hands out to break my fall but I'm not quick enough, my head colliding with the ground as mud and grass smear all over my face. My wrist bends under me, stuck awkwardly beneath me from the fall. I cry out in pain, this time not from the hurt in my heart but from the hurt in my hand. I roll my body over, tensing my stomach muscles in an effort to sit up. I cradle my wrist in my hand, embarrassed tears streaming down my face. You're so stupid. My brain tells me. You can't even walk without anything going wrong. My mind insists. A strangled cry slips out of my lips as I try to push out the voice in my head to be able to concentrate. "Are you okay? I heard you crying and you looked like you needed some help. I'm kinda a mess right now so I might not be much of a help, but if you want it, I would be glad to assist you." I slowly raise my head, my eyes looking into a pair of chocolate brown ones. The boy sniffles slightly, his fingers brushing his cheeks to wipe away any stray tears. "And I'm Calum by the way." He tells you softly, his face contorting to flash you a weak smile. "I'm Jenna." I reply quietly, my voice hardly louder than a whisper.