lxxvi. a pinky promise

Start from the beginning

"thanks or the reminder, happy." he gritted his teeth angrily. "do you mind grabbing me a glass of water whilst i move for you?"

before happy could even respond to that snarky comment, peter glared at noah in immediate confusion, clear concern written upon his face.

"a glass of what—?" he blurted out.

"water."

now, peter looked even more puzzled, his eyebrows furrowed as he awkwardly looked around the room.

"water?" he recalled. "i thought you said that water and electricity don't mix?"

"spinne, you have no place to even speak." noah mumbled, clearly annoyed. "you're iterally the shortest person in the room."

after bickering about and getting ready for the rest of the morning, peter and noah had finally arrived at their highschool — midtown high.

it was completely packed, crowds full of talkative reporters and screaming fangirls surrounding them as they approached the school doors, security guards standing right by the entrance.

behind them stood ned, who was literally defending the couple with his whole heart. each time he passed a crowd, he would send an immediate death glare.

as they walked further and further towards the school entrance, noah could tell that peter's anxiety was rising by the minute. he looked over at the spiderling in worry, head slightly lowered.

peter didn't even look back at noah. he just wanted to get school done and over with so he could return back home — the most peaceful place he could be at right now.

noah's gaze softened upon peter. he reached out for peter's hand without any hesitation, quickly intertwining his fingers with his. his grip was tight, just to show that he would protect peter no matter what.

whilst walking past a crowd, somebody screamed some wicked nonsense, which made ned stop within his tracks. he glared at the person with an annoyed expression.

"back off,"

a person in the crowd then questioned, "who are you?"

ned looked at the person in obvious offence. he placed a hand onto his chest, eyebrows furrowed.

"i'm.. ned leeds." he stated. "i'm spider-man's—"

but then, somebody else just so happened to join in on the conversation, finishing off ned's sentence.

"best friend."

it was flash, of course it was.

"you come at my boy, you come at flash thompson!" he continued further.

he then pulled out a random book from one of his jacket pockets, showing it off to the oblivious crowd before him.

"if you wanna read about our inspiring friendship, you can in my new book — flashpoint." he explained. "one spider, two hearts, a million crazy-ass memories. check it out!"

as he blathered on and on, ned had decided to just turn around and leave the scene, shaking his head in pure disappointment as he did so.

once ned had caught up, noah and peter had already reached the security guards, who seemed to be doing security check on everyone that was entering the school.

peter went up first, a security guard swiping a scanning machine over his body. they then allowed peter to enter the school, harshly pushing him forwards.

but, as he was pushed forwards, he stopped in order to reach out for noah's hand, once again. although, he couldn't even do so as the security guards had shoved him even further up the stairs, fully separating the two.