xliv. a plan

CHAPTER XLIV
a plan

NEW YORK, USA — 2024

"I HAVE A PLAN."

As Peter abruptly disturbed Ned, he sat down, positioning himself in the wooden chair he had just sat on. His face lighting up, he began to speak, his voice filled with confidence.

Ned was quite surprised by Peter's sudden presence. He slowly nodded his head, his gaze falling upon the brunet, who had just sat right next to him.

"Okay, first, I'm gonna sit next to Noah on the flight." Peter whispered.

Explaining his plan, he suspiciously glanced around the entire classroom with a slight but proud smile on his face, hoping that somebody wouldn't catch him and Ned talking about this extremely secretive plan.

"Second, I'm gonna buy a dual headphone adapter and watch movies with him the whole time."

"Okay."

"Three, when we go to Venice, Venice is super famous for making stuff like jewellery, right?"

"True."

As Peter explained the plan further and further, the more unamused Ned seemed to be, his friendly smile surprisingly dropping into a slight frown.

"So, I'm gonna buy him a really pretty ring, because he really likes to wear rings, right?"

"Yeah, definitely."

"Four, when we go to Paris, I'm gonna take him to the top of the Eiffel Tower, give him the ring."

"Oh."

As Ned murmured, he seemed slightly surprised, taken aback by the whole plan altogether, his expression slightly bewildered.

"Then, five, I'm gonna tell him how I feel." Peter stated with pride.

He glanced to the side though, his confidence seeming to have lowered down for a few moments, his confident smile no longer there.

"And then, six, hopefully he tells me he feels the same way."

"Oh!" Ned said. "Don't forget step seven."

"Step seven?" Peter murmured.

He lowered his head, fiddling with his pen as he stared down at his notebook, trying to think about what he could've missed out on this plan.

"Don't do any of that."

Peter's head shot up, his slightly prideful expression immediately flashing into an unimpressed one. He seemed quite hurt, actually.

"Why?"

"Because, we're gonna be bachelors in Europe, Peter." Ned would exclaim.

Peter slightly slumped into his chair, throwing his head backwards out of slight irritation. He fluttered his eyes shut for a few moments, sighing deeply underneath his breath.