Chapter 13 - Against The Dark

Start from the beginning

"Sure can."

"Alright. Come with me."

He lead me to a large metal door, which is where I'm guessing the villains will be transported from. The door slowly opened up, revealing the strapped-down villains surrounded by countless soldiers. There were some I recognized, and a few I didn't. As Nezu said, some villains did willingly come here to fight the Abyss, after all.

"Alright, listen up. You lot are here for one reason: to fight the abyss. That is all. At the first sign of ulterior motives or actions, you will be detained and/or killed. We have brought along Izuku Midoriya to make sure you do not step out of line. He has full authority to kill you if need be. Those who were already incarcerated will not be released, but those who were not will not be taken in, for now. This does not mean you are above the law: we are not giving you immunity. This is simply a truce to fight a greater threat. Understand?"

Silence. There were no objections, so I'll take that as a yes.

"Load them up."

One by one, the villains were loaded into a transport vehicle. When the last one was in, I climbed into the vehicle, and the back hatch shut behind me. There were no windows, so it was only the lightbulb on the roof illuminating us all. It's a bit freaky being alone with so many villains, but I should be able to handle it, right?

The ride is silent. With one exception. A blonde, muscular villain, who apparently is named Muscular, who just wouldn't shut up.

"So what are you supposed to be? You know halloween isn't for another few months, right? You can drop the dumbass knight aesthetic already, It's gettin' on my nerves."

He just keeps rambling, on and on and on. But, I guess he isn't actually causing any problems, so no need to respond. But wow, is he loud...

"Hey shitstain, did you hear what I said!? Take off the damn costume!"

He reached out and grabbed my helmet. Yep, that's it. I grabbed his forearm, and began to squeeze. Not too hard, but I could tell it was hurting quite a bit.

"Gaah, what the fu-"

"Don't touch me. You heard what they said, I have full authority to kill you if you step out of line. And while I'd rather it not come to that..."

I squeezed harder. His face scrunched up in pain, and I could tell he was trying his hardest to use his quirk to stop me, but the quirk-suppressing bracelets were strong enough to completely stop it.

"I'm more than willing to rough you up a bit."

I let go, and he immediately grabbed his arm, holding on while cursing me and swearing revenge like a typical cartoon villain. So, I leaned back into the seat again.

I guess I'm getting good at this whole "intimidation" thing, at least.

We came to a stop after a few hours of driving, and the back hatch opened up. The light hurt my eyes after being trapped in the dark for that long. My eyes quickly adjusted, and I saw a few soldiers standing outside the back hatch.

"Midoriya, please exit the vehicle. We want you out here first."

I complied with the soldiers, and walked out of the vehicle. The villains were filed out one by one after me, lining up on the side of the vehicle. The soldiers were talking with each other, before they all stopped and looked forward.

"Alright, this is it. About 5 miles north of here lies the cave where the abyss is believed to have originated. The quirk-restraining bracelets you are wearing will be released, and you fight the abyss to your full extent. Do not step out of line."