Epilogue

Well, everyone, this is it! Thank you all so much for reading the story! I hoped you liked it! I'll most likely start another Elvis story soon, so look out for it! =)

~ ~ ~

Three more days of filming, and to celebrate the end of it all, a Christmas party was thrown in the tavern in Idyllwild, the same one where a few scenes were filmed. I sat there at the counter, wearing a bright red dress and munched on a Christmas tree cookie with green frosting as a record player played some Christmas music, and as expected, it was Elvis's Christmas album that came out in 1956.

I turned on my stool and looked around at everyone happily chatting away. I saw Annie talking with her parents—family members were invited, too—Penny was talking with some young man from the crew, Priscilla was naturally with Mike, and I noticed the engagement ring sparkle on her finger, and Shelly was sitting with Jonathan on a sofa near the pool table. Those two hadn't gotten engaged, but Shelly suspected that he would pop the question at some point soon. My guess was on Christmas or New Year's.

Smiling, I turned back to the counter and ate another Christmas tree cookie, and I eyed the camera sitting next to my cup of eggnog. Yes, Elvis's camera. He had gotten the film developed, I still had yet to see the hundreds of pictures that were taken with the camera ever since the moment that he loaned me the camera. He was in the crowd of people somewhere. I didn't see him.

A pair of hands suddenly landed on my shoulders, and I jumped a little. "Say, you're really tall, miss."

I turned around to face the man in a black suit and red tie who surprised me. There he was. "Well, I don't seem to be all that tall while I'm sitting down. You on the other hand need to watch out for ceiling lights."

He chuckled. "Hey, you've gotten pretty good with those comebacks."

I smiled pridefully. "I've had a lot of practice. Ever since you and I became public and the whole nation recognized me, I had no choice but to come up with some clever responses."

He smirked, showing that lip curl. "You're doin' great."

"Thanks. Now, where have you been? I haven't seen you since the beginning of the party an hour ago."

"I was outside for a little while talkin' with some guys." He sat next to me at the counter, and he took hold of his camera. "I think I just might give this to you as a Christmas present."

"You basically gave it to me that first day when you said to take pictures of beautiful things."

"Yeah, and that was the same time you took a picture of me as I was walkin' away."

I shrugged a shoulder. "Well, you said to take pictures of beautiful things."

I took a sip of my spiced eggnog, and he chuckled. "Yes, I did. Did you take any pictures of yourself?"

I smiled at his complement. "I may be comfortable in my skin now, but I'm not confident enough to take a picture of myself."

"Maybe you should. You're pretty photogenic."

"Not in the recent pictures of me in the paper."

"Those were good, too, but I wanna show ya somethin' else, and..." He leaned in close, and I stared into his shiny blue eyes as he whispered, "Let's find somewhere we can be alone, hm?"

My pulse rose, and without thinking much about it, I nodded. "Okay."

He took my hand in his, and we got off the stools. I still noticed that he was shorter than me, but neither of us cared about that. The nation did, but we didn't. We had received both positive and negative attention from our relationship.