Episode 1 - The Lancer of Destruction

It's been 3,000 years since the last time I sat here at very bad times of day, writing about Pokemon for people on the internet.  As I sit here at nearly 9 AM on a Sunday in late May, drinking iced tea, I sometimes wonder to myself, "have I lost control of my life?"  Well, to answer that question simply.

  As I sit here at nearly 9 AM on a Sunday in late May, drinking iced tea, I sometimes wonder to myself, "have I lost control of my life?"  Well, to answer that question simply

But that's just it.  We're not here to talk about my potentially bad decisions.  We're here to have fun and play a video game with only the occasional veer into random territory about other things unrelated to the game.  Also, the script guys are getting pissed off at me already for going off script, so let me just get us back on track...

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome, at long last, to another Pokemon excursion where I will likely make misplays, shout to myself about things having absurd moves, and maybe there'll be a good laugh somewhere in there.  Now, granted, I personally prefer Pokemon White Version to Black, as White Version was my first Gen 5 experience.  Well, that, and I like the Opelucid City music in White Version more than in Black Version, but that's just my subjective music opinion.  While we will gush about that track when we eventually reach Opelucid City, something about the White Version of the track just feels...final, you know?  It's the last town before Victory Road, after all.

What?  I'm sidetracking again?  Well, excuse me.  It's been far too long, after all.  Surely a bit of casual conversation is a nice ice breaker for the new folks, right?  Huh?  I'm not even getting paid to write these.  Ok, fine.  We'll start the game.

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing Pokemon Black Version, on totally legitimate hardware.

Actually, before we even get the title drop, we're greeted with the coronation of a green haired king.  A very important character we will likely have a few encounters with in the future, along with the man passing over the crown.  I'm sure this guy isn't an evil, abusive monster.  Surely not.  Couldn't be.

"Hopes, Dreams, and Discoveries," they say

"Hopes, Dreams, and Discoveries," they say.  I'll be the judge of that.  But anyway, after starting our game, instead of being greeted by a shirtless murder-I mean, professor, we are instead greeted by Professor Juniper, the first female professor in the entire series...not counting Professor Ivy since she's an anime only character.  I won't bore you with the details since she gives us the same song and dance all the professors give us, but instead of her usual Minccino, she's showing off a Samurott today.  Fun little quirks about the randomizer that I like.