"But wouldn't they have questioned it sooner?"

Klaus shook his head. "No. It is a long story. One i will tell you in detail one day, but for now this is all you need to know. Thank you for helping me" It seemed a struggle to get the words out. Klaus was far from used to saying them.

Hope hesitated and hugged him before pulling away. "You're welcome"

----------

After a nice, long shower, Damon headed out of the bathroom, whistling. All morning, his mind had been on his kiss with Elena. The feeling of her lips on his, the warmth in his heart that he felt as she place her hand on his. The way she had kissed him back. He knew she was still confused. But she was closer to admitting that yes she felt something. Something which he had known was going on between them for a while now. Something she had been denying to herself and to everyone else. But there it was, even for a moment.

However, his mood faded slightly as he saw his brother waiting for him. But thinking about the kiss again brought his mood right back up. "Good morning." he said.

"You're late. We are supposed to meet Bonnie at the witch house in ten minutes" Stefan said impatiently as he looked at his brother.

"Relax, brother. Your hair won't fall out" Damon said. "Besides I'm not exactly late yet." He whistled a bit.

"Would you hurry up? We have work to do. You know, Klaus isn't gonna easily self-destruct" Annoyance was obvious in the younger Salvatore's tone. "Why are you all chipper?"

"No reason" Damon said with a bit of a smirk. "Give me a minute."

He headed upstairs, thinking about everything as he got dressed. Hope was on the loose again, but it was worth it if Elena was safe. But she still needed to be dealt with. Even if Elena wouldn't be happy about it. However,  for now this was enough to make him content. Now they just needed to get rid of Klaus for good if they could.

Eventually he and Stefan arrived at the creepy witch place that was finally letting Damon inside. Damon looked around at the coffins, thinking. He saw one coffin not aligned with the others and walked over to it.

"Is this thing jammed or something?" He asked, trying to raised the lid. It wouldn't budge. He moved to try to break it.

"It won't open, no matter what I try to do to it. Bonnie can't get it open either." Stefan replied, watching Damon.

"Wait...." Damon stepped away and looked around the room. "Klaus has 6 siblings. Rebekah is in our basement. There was one dead kid in the old world, one dead kid in the new world, which leaves Elijah and two others. Three sleeping originals, four coffins. So who is in the locked box?"

"No idea. But whatever is in here, Bonnia seems to think that it will help us kill Klaus. So the sooner she can get this open, the sooner we will know if she's right." Stefan said. "And hopefully whatever it is can take care of our Hope problem too. Because once we take down Klaus, she will retaliate.  You know that none of this is gonna do any good if Klaus's hybrid friend find our hidding place, right? They need to go away."

"Oh yeah, great idea Stefan. Why don't you ask them just to pack their bag and take a long rest while we are on it" Damon commented sarcastically, looking at him. "How about to keep the peace? Don't attend to the real thing we are trying to hide."

"Well I'm not gonna play defence when I have what Klaus wants" Stefan replied. "He does what I say or I dump his family into the bottom of the ocean."

"And he's going to kill you and everyone you know, like, I don't know... me!"