Tiny Dancer (Danny Wagner)

Start from the beginning

The next morning you stood by the front door waiting for your boyfriend, your dance bag thrown over your shoulder. You were so tired last night, partially from rehearsal and partially from the fight you had with Danny, that you didn't even hear him come to bed. That is if he ever did come to bed last night.

After what felt like an hour Danny finally appeared at the bottom of the staircase. Neither one of you spoke the entire way to the studio. The only sound to break the silence was the pitter-patter of the rain hitting the car. Once you parked Danny followed you inside and down the hallway to the specific studio you were practicing in.

Chris was already there warming up when you walked in. You dropped your bag and ran over to him. "Sorry I'm late Chris." You apologized before introducing him to Danny. "This is my boyfriend Danny." You gestured over to your boyfriend. "He wanted to come and see exactly what we do on a daily basis."

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Y/N's partner, Chris." Chris extended his hand up towards Danny as he spoke.

Danny did not accept the handshake. Instead he just muttered a quick nice to meet you before taking a seat in the corner of the studio.

"I'm sorry about him." You whispered as you got down into a split across from Chris.

"It's okay." He consoled. " Not everyone feels comfortable about a guy doing ballet."

You didn't have the heart to tell Chris that the reason your boyfriend was here is because he's jealous. Rather you changed the subject to yesterday's rehearsal, focusing on the corrections that needed to be made in order to clean up the choreography.

"How about when you dropped me yesterday." You giggled at Chris.

"I did not drop you. If you remember, I caught you before you hit the floor." Chris laughed.

"Yeah barely." You smiled as you stretched out your legs.

"Hey, it's not my fault that they decided to do the most awkward choreography right before the lift. You try holding up another person in the air." Chris rebutted jokingly.

You glanced over at your boyfriend for a brief second. The look on his face said he did not enjoy the laughter coming from the two of you. Thankfully before anything else could happen the choreographer, Sarah, entered the room.

"Okay guys are you ready to start?" Sarah yelled. "We're going to start with where we left off yesterday. Now remember your characters haven't seen each other in months. Neither of you thought you would see the other person again. I need to see a lot of emotion and love. I need to feel what you guys are feeling." Your Choreographer started the music and let you and Chris take it away.

After a few hours of rehearsing, repeating the same choreography, making corrections and changing things around, you stopped for a break. You and Chris made your way over to your bags for a drink. Both of you were sweaty and out of breath.

"I'm sorry I kicked you." Chris apologized. "I was completely off on my aerial."

"No no it's okay. I landed too close after my grand jete՛. It was my own fault." You tried to console your partner.

"How is your eye? Does it hurt at all?" Chris gently put his hands on either side of your face and inspected the bruise that was forming under your right eye.

"Not too bad. I'll survive." You giggled through the pain.

Before anything else could happen you felt an arm pull you away from Chris. Immediately you knew it was your boyfriend.

"Okay that's enough you two." Danny huffed. "I thought you said nothing was happening between you two Y/N. I knew you were lying to me."

Chris looked at you confused as he watched your boyfriend scream in your face.

"That's because nothing is happening between us. Danny, you know I only love you." You pleaded to the curly haired man you loved so much.

"Is this why you came to watch us? Because you're jealous of me?" Chris questioned.

"Yeah. He thinks when I come to the studio I'm cheating on him with you." You clarified to your partner.

"If that's the case I better call my girlfriend and tell her." Chris laughed.

At the same time both yours and Danny's heads whipped around towards Chris.

"Wait, you have a girlfriend? You questioned.

"Yeah. She's down in Memphis now but is working on finding a job here in Nashville so she can move in with me." Chris explained to you and Danny.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry. I'm such an idiot." Danny apologized. "I'll go now. You can finish your rehearsal in peace." You watched as your boyfriend grabbed his jacket and walked out the door.

You stared at the door for a minute before turning back to Chris. "I'm so sorry but I have to go." You ran over to the corner and hastily tossed your stuff in your dance bag. "If Sarah comes back, tell her my eye was really hurting me. I'll be back tomorrow I promise." You yelled as you tossed your bag over your shoulder, not bothering to check if it was even zipped. Without waiting for a reply from Chris you sprinted out the door and down the hallway, frantically looking for Danny. At this point you didn't even care that you still had your ballet shoes on.

Eventually you found him outside walking to the car. "Danny, please don't leave." you cried as you ran after the drummer.

Danny stopped dead in his tracks at the sound of your pained voice. He hated himself for how mean has been to you in the last day. He turned around to see you sprinting towards him. Your hair was sticking to your face, a mixture of sweat and the spring rain.

Once you caught up to your boyfriend he began to word vomit. "Oh Y/N, I'm so sorry. I can't believe the way I've been acting towards you the last 24 hours. I've never raised my voice at you before. I hate myself for letting my own insecurities get the best of me."

"Insecurities?" You were confused as to what your rockstar boyfriend had to be insecure about.

"Yeah. I was just worried that if you were dancing with another man, someone who could understand the thing you're so passionate about, that maybe you'd lose interest in me." Danny admitted.

"And you don't think I feel the same way when you go on tour? Every time you go on tour I worry that you're going to find someone better. Someone who is prettier and isn't wrapped up in a studio all the time. Or someone who understands the ins and outs of the music industry and you can talk to them about it. But I trust you Danny. I trust that you love me and would never hurt me. And I pray you trust me too." You could feel the tears lining your eyes threatening to spill over.

"I do trust you. And I love watching you light up as you talk about dance even if I don't know what any of the terms mean. I also love watching you dance because when you do you dance from the heart. But most importantly I love you Y/N." Danny bawled.

You managed to choke out an I love you too before grabbing Danny's face and crashing your lips onto his. At this point the two of you were outside long enough that you didn't care that you were both soaking wet.

Once you pulled away from each other Danny grabbed your dance bag from you before speaking. "Let's go home and get some ice on your eye, tiny dancer."