Chapter 23: Kindred Spirits Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Mhm. That's the part I'm still curious about. Now spill the beans."

"Haha, okay then. But let me finish my drink first. Do you want some?"

"No it's alright. I always had that drink every time I'm here."

"Are you sure? I remember you telling me how much you love iced mocha latte." She teased.

"Aish, fine. I'll just drink a little, then."

With that, you took a sip of the beverage she ordered. Given how much you like the flavor, you feel tempted to finish the whole thing, but it wouldn't be fair to Gaeul of course. You then gave it back to her afterwards.

"Yup. It tastes good as usual. Yah, what are you smirking at?" You asked.

"Hehe. I just thought about something nice that had occurred to me just now, that's all. Are you ready to go?"

"I just need to get changed first, then we can go." You said before you head back to the office to get ready, leaving Gaeul to wait for a few minutes.

Once done, the two of you bid goodbye to Miyeon as you exit the cafe, with Gaeul telling you to accompany her towards the train station.

Luckily, it didn't take too long for the next train to arrive, as you both boarded it to the destination that she had in mind.

The moment you were seated, you then proceeded to ask her about your itinerary for the afternoon.

"Now that we're here, I think it's about time for you to tell me where we're going, Gaeul."

"My thoughts exactly, Y/N. Then you'll be glad to know that we're going to have some fun at the mall today." She said in a very cheerful tone, leaving you dumbfounded.

"What? B-but you told us earlier that we're going to do some stuff for the student council!"

"Huh? Did I really say that? I don't remember."

"Haha, very funny. Have you considered the fact that I'm the one who's going to be in trouble if Miyeon-noona finds out about this?"

"As long as we don't tell her, then you'll be fine. What's there to worry about?"

"Wow. Such wise words coming from our school's esteemed president. You really are a great role model."

"Nice of you to say that. Thanks, Y/N."

"It's not a compliment!"

"I know. You're just so fun to tease. But what's so wrong about me taking you for a day out to unwind?"

"Well you could have asked the others instead."

"That's true, but believe it or not, all of them have their own plans for today. As you know, Rei's taking a rest, and that goes for Hyunseo as well. Jiwon and Wonyoung are spending some time with their families, and Yujin took this day to train, even though the next track meet will be held after the prom. That means you're the only one I could ask."

"Right, and yet you didn't consider the fact that I'd rather help my sister run the cafe for today. Now that I'm here with you, I guess there's nothing I can do about it now."

"Good point. You have no choice but to be with me today, and that's that."

"Mhm. I'm not complaining though. So once we're there, what are we going to do first?"

"Leave that to me. I already made a plan for us today."

You can always count on Gaeul when it comes to almost anything. She's always the type of person who thinks ahead of everyone else, and that makes her a reliable girl who's ready for anything, especially when it comes to solving most of the student body's problems.